Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton | Teen Ink

Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton

By NWphotography BRONZE, Cusseta, Georgia
NWphotography BRONZE, Cusseta, Georgia

“Volunteers do not work for free because they are worthless, it is because they are priceless”
-Unknown

"You miss 100% of the shots you never take" -Wayne Gretsky

"Oop! The Moment! Once you miss it, it is gone forever!" -Henri Cartier-Bresson

Jurassic park presents a unique combination of superior writing as well as science. He conveys a well known subject, “dinosaurs,” and groups together a learning experience rarely seen in books today.

A rich old man who has an obsessive passion for dinosaurs, has phenomenal dreams of creating the impossible. The world of dinosaurs and people collide as John Hammond has nothing else to spend his millions of dollars on. He creates Jurassic Park, a “new world” full of dinosaurs, insects, and plants from the Jurassic age millions of years ago.

An intelligent mathematician, Ian Malcolm, predicts that Jurassic part will not and cannot work. He presents the Chaos Theory, which Hammond quickly dismisses. When dinosaurs escape their cages, chaos erupts as everyone on (and off) the island is in grave danger.

Jurassic Park is for readers who thirst for knowledge and enjoy action packed novels. Weak stomachs are encouraged NOT to read this as it contains many detailed descriptions of countless dinosaur attacks. Example: “…and the raptor was jerking its head, tugging at Wu’s intestines even though Wu was still alive…”

I implore you to join me into this fascinating world of DINOSAURS.
Rating: 8/10