Among the Enemy by Margret Peterson Haddix | Teen Ink

Among the Enemy by Margret Peterson Haddix

March 13, 2008
By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
1044 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Margret Peterson Haddix has done it again. She has made another fantastic addition to her series. In each book there's a main character. They each tell their story and they each are in every book in the series. They all have one thing in common, they're all illegal. Third children aren't allowed. They have to hide away from the population police. If they catch them than they have to stand out where everyone can see and they get shot. The book I've read is among the enemy.


Matthias, Alia, and Percy run away from they're boarding school. They're running from the population police, when they find a deserted cabin in the middle of the woods. So, Percy goes and hide's in it. Alia can feel like someone is watching them. When the population police leave, Matthias calls for Percy wanting to know if he's alright. Percy calls back. Matthias and alia rush over to Percy although it seems as though they have been rushing for hours. Finally, Mathias and Alia fell like he's close enough to whisper Percy's name. He feels a hand grab onto his ankle. “Percy! Matthias hissed, fear overriding caution. What happened to you? BULLET! Percy said. It sounded like he was talking through clenched teeth. SHOT.”


As a series I liked it very much and I hope that Margret Peterson Haddix will continue to write.