The Absolutely True Diary of a Part Time Indian by Sherman Alexie | Teen Ink

The Absolutely True Diary of a Part Time Indian by Sherman Alexie

February 29, 2008
By Anonymous

Junior is a fierce, fearless, funny and unforgettable nerdy boy that lives on a reservation. He goes to school on the reservation too. Until one day he decides to go to a white school in Spokane. Junior goes and tells his parents that he wants to go to a white school they are happy for him that he is brave enough to go to a white school, but when he goes and tells his best friend Rowdy. Rowdy doesn't believe him, but when he does believe junior something terrible happens with Junior and Rowdy's friendship. Read The Absolutely True Diary of a Part Time Indian to find out what happens with Junior and Rowdy's friendship.


When he goes to the white school he is hated because he is Indian. The racism in this book is brutal, but when they realize that color or race does not matter they accept him and he is loved, even by the girl of his dreams. This is a really hilarious and heartwarming book that young adults should read this book.

When I first started to read this book I liked it, from the very first paragraph until the end it was joyful. It has violence and cussing, but also a fun filled book with jokes that will make you laugh. Pick up your copy at your local book store.