Angels & Demons by Dan Brown | Teen Ink

Angels & Demons by Dan Brown

January 11, 2011
By sundaelover116 BRONZE, Ann Arbor, Michigan
sundaelover116 BRONZE, Ann Arbor, Michigan
3 articles 0 photos 17 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind" ~Dr. Suess


Imagine a book of romance, deception, and revenge and you’ve got Angels & Demons, by Dan Brown. When the most powerful brotherhood known to man rises once again, a physicist at Conseil Européen pour la Recherche Nucléaire in Switzerland, or CERN for short, with a scientific secret that could destroy anything in its path, is the first to suffer. When the daughter and co-worker of that physicist, Vittoria Vetra, and the famous Robert Langdon set out to take back that secret, they discover horrifying twists and turns at every corner, all inside Rome and the Vatican City. After all, this brotherhood’s main target is the basis of faith to so many of us in this world, the Catholic church.

This amazing book engulfs you on the first page. “Physicist Leonardo Vetra smelled burning flesh, and he knew it was his own,” reads the first line of the Prologue. The intensity never slows. Dan Brown uses his amazing creativity to come up with a new twist that will force you to keep reading at almost every chapter. The book’s point of view changes from the good guy’s perspective to the bad guy’s perspective (all in third person limited) in the blink of an eye. I would recommend this book to any young adult to adult looking for a page turner. The decent amount of violence would probable eliminate kids from the equation, as would the advanced vocabulary and structure of this book. Out of five, I give Angels & Demons a ten!


The author's comments:
We were assigned a book review of a book of our choice. We were also given the opportunity to send out review to the author (Dan Brown in this case). I am currently waiting for a reply, but I will keep you posted as to when I receive that reply. Hope you enjoy my review!