They Shoot Canoes, Don't They? | Teen Ink

They Shoot Canoes, Don't They? MAG

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York

Ifyou enjoy a good laugh and embellished stories like your dad would tell, then youwill like They Shoot Canoes, Don't They? McManus is a gifted comedian with atalent for getting a point across while entertaining. This is the funniest book Ihave ever read and is only one of many he has written.

McManus takes youback to his childhood and tells of camping trips gone wrong, hunting trips turnedsour, and a hunting dog that couldn't hunt. If you are an outdoorsy person, thisbook will be easy to enjoy. As a hunter and camper, I was able to relate to someof McManus' tales of torture while camping in winter, of getting lost whilehunting, and of wearing sneakers while doing all this.

So, if you enjoythe outdoors, and like a very entertaining book, read Patrick McManus' They ShootCanoes, Don't They?

i love this !

camohunter19 GOLD, Sedro-Woolley, Washington

"Girls are so queer you never know what they mean. They say No when they mean Yes, and drive a man out of his wits for the fun of it." "Violence is never the answer! It is a question, and the answer is yes."

Have you read Never Sniff A Gift Fish too?