Sloppy Firsts | Teen Ink

Sloppy Firsts MAG

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York

MeganMcCafferty's Sloppy Firsts is a fresh, cheerful, sharp novel that captures theroller coaster ride that life is for a teenage girl today. Sloppy Firsts is sureto appeal to those going through the teen experience. An open personality iscompletely necessary to enjoy Sloppy Firsts because in this novel, anythinggoes.

When 16-year-old Jessica Darling's best friend moves away, she isdevastated. Without Hope, Jessica is lost, and just doesn't know how to deal witheveryday life. Mc-Cafferty takes you through her life as she learns how to moveon without Hope by her side. She makes you feel Jessica's pain, but along withfeeling it, you are sure to feel her sometimes dark, yet cheerfulpersonality.

Megan McCafferty has the incredible ability to take you intothe life and mind of a teen-age girl. At times, she makes you feel like you areright there. Along with this, McCafferty is great at character development. Aseach day passes, Jessica becomes stronger and happier, and eventually evolvesinto a confident, relatively happy teen.

Sloppy Firsts is an intimate andat times painfully honest view of a girl's coming of age. It's one of those booksthat you just keep reading, even though you should be doing other things. In theend, you are left happy and content, anticipating the sequel.

i love this !