The Belgariad Series | Teen Ink

The Belgariad Series MAG

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York

The Belgariad fantasy series is by far the best ever written. Eddings' style appeals to the senses as well as the mind. If you enjoy any type of fantasy reading, this is a series you can't pass up.

I absolutely loved reading all five books and following the travels of Garion and his Aunt Pol, along with many other individuals, to recover the Orb of Aldur, stolen from the Hall of the Rivan King. There are twists in the plot and hidden surprises to unearth. Pawn of Prophecy is a great starter and got me hooked on Eddings' work.

You begin by following Garion, a simple farm boy naive to the world, through his self-discovery and attempts to figure out who “Old Wolf' is. He also wonders what happened to his parents, and what his heritage might really be.

All in all, The Belgariad series is fabulous. It is far more realistic and involved than Tolkien's Lord of the Rings, at a higher level and better written than Rowling's Harry Potter, and the best fantasy I have read yet. Next time you're at the library, remember to check out The Belgariad books.

i love this !

Red546 GOLD said...
Red546 GOLD, Warrenton, Georgia
The time period is medeval i think. It's been a while since i read them.

Red546 GOLD said...
Red546 GOLD, Warrenton, Georgia
my friend, this is one of my favorite series and you have not done it justice. Also, if you like the Belgariads, look up the Malloreans as well.

HarvestMoonFanatic14 BRONZE, Jonesboro, AR 72401, Arkansas
What's the time setting?