Skeleton Creek | Teen Ink

Skeleton Creek

January 26, 2023
By JohannaN SILVER, Sac, California
JohannaN SILVER, Sac, California
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You will need to leave something behind to get what you want."
-anonymous


Knowing that there are countless of books discussing about a mysterious setting, or terrifying scenes, Skeleton Creek is foremost one of the best horror mystery books I ever read.  It can be engaging how someone could be interested in such unusual places like the dredge in Skeleton Creek. Teens like Ryan and Sarah are willing to explore this location and have a rather unique way of communicating through videos that are posted on their “secret website”. These videos are accessible depending on its password. Besides having a haunted site within, I can agree that this series is marvelous. 


When reading this book, I was soon to notice its captivating turns and unexpected twists. There are also brave characters like Ryan who’d let his curiosity lead him despite the danger  that there will be. Other than Ryan, his friend Sarah is described as a “bad friend” and I understand as she is putting him at risk while going her own way of solving the mystery of Skeleton Creek. 


Although I am not much of a reader, Skeleton Creek managed to become one of my favorites and I admit that this is an astonishing book. I would suggest this to teens who do enjoy horror and mystery as it indeed is an interesting book but in the end, it will undoubtedly make you think as to what is going to happen next. 


The author's comments:

Curiosity can be good but it can be very dangerous.