Fahrenheit 451 book review | Teen Ink

Fahrenheit 451 book review

November 23, 2022
By Dylan_Hall BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
Dylan_Hall BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Fahrenheit 451, by Ray Bradbury, tells the story of our protagonist, Guy Montag, a conflicted and non-complacent hero who fights for free thought. Montag has switched over from a book-burning fireman to a book-saving, book-reading rebel. Montag lives in an oppressive society that tries to force happiness by eliminating all sources of history, complexity, and confusion to ensure an uncomplicated simple government owned life. In this society, if you know too much or yearn to read, the fireman will get you.

This book has a somewhat simple story. It has complicated dialogue that is difficult to follow because the author made use of book quotes. Even though the story is good, I feel most of the dialogue complicates the story. I did enjoy the book, I even recommend it, but I do think that if you want a book that has an easy flowing story this novel is not for you. I was content with getting to know the main protagonist because I liked how Bradbury portrayed Guy Montag's emotions and the character development was very enjoyable. I overall enjoyed this book and think that the target audience is for experienced, older readers, but if you want a serious, dystopian, sci fi novel then this book is for you.