Review Blitz | Teen Ink

Review Blitz

By Tabitha1 BRONZE, Orlando, Florida
Tabitha1 BRONZE, Orlando, Florida

Faith is not belief that God will do what you want. It is belief that God will do what is right

Planted with Hope, by Tricia Goyer and Sherry Gore

Stars: 5 out of 5

Review:

This is the second book in the Pinecraft Pie Shop, an amish series. The story is about the second child, Hope. The one thing she likes best is to garden, but when she and her family have to move to Florida from Ohio, she loses the one thing she's ever loved to do. When she moves to Florida, she's try's planting, but nothing works. Then she meets a young girl named Emma Sutter and her father, Jonas Sutter, who just became a widower. Jonas has just moved down after the loss of his wife, Sarah, to help his sister teach school. Hope and Emma become great friends. Then Jonas has an idea for Hope's sisters' pie shop. Jonas and Lovina, (Hope's sister) put together a garden out back of the pie shop for the school children, and Jonas's secularity hopes that Lovina will get her sister Hope to be the gardner. Lovina does, but dons't tells Hope that the garden is also for the school children, knowing that she would not have wanted to help. When Jonas tells Hope that the garden is also for the children, Hope only halfheartedly agrees, wondering if she will ever get the peace she craves. As she plants with the school children, though, she starts to notice that more people are more sometimes fun then one, but, she wonders, is she planting herself here permanently? And when Jonas asks her to merry him she refuses. Then Jonas and Emma move back to Kentucky, and her heart starts to break, she starts wondering if she made the right choice.