Dark & Light | Teen Ink

Dark & Light

By Amer-Nae PLATINUM, Maynard, Arkansas
Amer-Nae PLATINUM, Maynard, Arkansas

Why try to fit in when you were born to stand out?

I watched as the darkness grew. It consumed over my protective sheild. I watched as Connor bleeding body stopped breathing. So right now I had two choises. I could let my sheild down ang try and save Connor.....or I keep the sheild up and let Connor die.
I glance down at Connor's brown eyes that looked like they were losing the color. Professor James said that would happen when someone was losing their souls..... I can't lose Connor. I took a deep breath and then let my sheild down and placed my hands over Connor's heart.
I felt the Darkness start to sworm around me. I began choking on the dark. I could feel Connor's heart begining to beat again. I ground my teeth together and kept my hands over him. Then, came a huge breathe that he took. I signed but there was a sharp pain..... Then I was gone....

Is dieing suppost to hurt this much???? Then, the strangest thing. I opened my eyes and there was the sun on my face. Connor leans over me and smiles.

"Hello, there. You saved all of us."

"What er you talking about?"

"You couldn't handle losing me and you gave your life to save mine and the darkness couldn't handle the light that you let off. It was so much and then. Bam, the sun came out."

"So the darkness is gone?" I asked.

"For now. There is always darkness but there is light to always keep it in line."

"I'm glad that you are alright."

"I'm glad you're alright." I smiled and tried to sit up and realized how sore I was.

"OUCH!!" Connor laughed. He leaned over and kissed me lightly and said,

"Get some sleep love. Rest the world will surive with out you for a little while

Lorelei SILVER said...
Lorelei SILVER, Newport News, Virginia

"Nothing is ever easy"- Zeddicus Zul Zorander, copied by Richard Rahl

this was cool. Is there more?

freedombird GOLD, Staten Island, New York

your favorite color is the one that looks best on you

aww! this was adorable yet had the element of sacrifice. Great usage of description too!