Maggiano's Little Italy | Teen Ink

Maggiano's Little Italy

May 6, 2014
By Jenna Richeson BRONZE, Scottsdale, Arizona
Jenna Richeson BRONZE, Scottsdale, Arizona
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Maggiano’s Little Italy

Maggiano’s is not an extremely high end restaurant like Dominick’s Steakhouse or Mastro’s Ocean Club however; it is an elegant yet affordable Italian restaurant with delicious food. Every time I have been to Maggiano’s I leave with a stuffed stomach and a smile on my face.
Like all Italian restaurants, they first bring out bread with oil and vinegar. The bread is always very fresh, warm, and tastes like it has just come out of the oven. While enjoying the bread, I always order an appetizer. One of the chef’s favorites is the Mozzarella Marinara, it isn’t your typical “cheese stick” but a classier version that leaves my taste buds wanting more. The outside is a crispy fried batter holding together the melted mozzarella, topped with steaming marinara sauce and seasonings. Another favorite is the Stuffed Mushrooms, which are jumbo mushroom tops stuffed with fresh spinach and topped with crisp bread crumbs. I am not a big mushroom fan however; I can easily eat and enjoy this appetizer. When it comes to ordering your main entre it may take some time considering how many options the large and diverse menu gives you. The menu consists of at least twenty pasta options. Customers who are meat lovers should not worry though because the menu also contains chicken, seafood, and veal/pork. I highly recommend the Rigatoni D, which is considered “specialty” pasta. It is rigatoni pasta (tubes) with herb-roasted chicken, mushrooms and caramelized onions topped with a marsala cream sauce. This pasta is a must order when you dine at Maggiano’s. Another delicious meal is the Chicken Piccata, a light and very tasteful chicken topped with lemon cream sauce and capers. This meal also comes with a side of any pasta you would like. If you are looking for a more light and healthy dinner, this is the perfect option for you. Not only is the food delicious but it comes out the perfect temperature every time, which I am very picky about. I have never had a meal come out too cold or too hot to the point where you cannot eat it. At this point if you are not completely stuffed, Maggiano’s has a dessert menu with many Italian desserts. The menu has cookies, cakes, and ice-creams that are all served looking very appealing. Nonna’s toasted pound cake with caramelized bananas is a little slice of heaven. They serve the fluffy cake on an ice cold plate keeping the dessert fresh while you eat it. The cake and bananas melt in your mouth each bite. Unfortunately that is the only dessert I have tasted however just that is enough for me to keep coming back. Another element that I love about this restaurant is you can order family style. This option is perfect for when you have a large group of people for a birthday or graduation dinner.

Other than the food always tasting delicious, the service from the valet to the waiters is a ten out of ten. If you don’t want to park far away from the restaurant then you can valet your car at Maggiano’s for no charge. The men working the valet are very polite and efficient; they never leave you waiting more than five minutes for your car. When you enter the restaurant you are greeted by the hostess who will get you seated as soon as possible. I have never come across an angry or rude host/hostess at Maggiano’s. If you aren’t pleased with the table you have been assigned to, they don’t hesitate to move you to a more agreeable spot. Lastly, the waiters are phenomenal. The servers I have experienced are very friendly and they don’t forget about you like other restaurants I have been to. They are very professional and always answer my questions about the menu happily. It truly seems as if they want you to have the best experience when dining at this restaurant.

The only thing that I would like to change about Maggiano’s is the way they decorate or set up their restaurant. Now, don’t get me wrong Maggiano’s is one of the cleanest restaurants I’ve been to. However, the restaurant is called Maggiano’s Little Italy yet I don’t feel like I am in Italy or an Italian restaurant at all. I wish they would have played Italian music or put up more décor that reminded me of Italy so that I could get the full Italian experience.

Overall, this restaurant never disappoints with the quality of their food and the price is affordable. The service of all the workers is nothing short of top-quality and the restaurant is always very clean. It is safe to say that a night at Maggiano’s is a night to remember.


The author's comments:
This piece is a restaurant review on the Maggiano's Little Italy in Scottsdale, Arizona.