Dwayne Micheal Carters Life | Teen Ink

Dwayne Micheal Carters Life

March 23, 2011
By franklin BRONZE, Clifton Park, New York, New York
franklin BRONZE, Clifton Park, New York, New York
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Its not what they call you its what you answer to


Before signed to Cash Money records he was a straight a student who always made the honor roll. He wrote his first rap at 8 years old. He dropped out of school at the age of 14 to work and focus on his music career. It looks like all of his work paid off because he came up from nothing to him living his dream.
Dwayne Michael Carter but most of you know him as Lil Wayne. He dropped the D in his name because he is a jr. but his father was never a true father figure in his life. When he was asked in his interview does his real father know the reason why he dropped the D in his name he replied with a smile and says “He knows now”.
Despite all of the hardships that he faced as a child he was still able to support his mom Jocita Carter aka Mrs. Seetha and his family without a father figure thanks to rap. His first big album that put him on the hip-hop map was his album the Block Is Hot and signed with cash money led by which most people know him as Birdman or lil Wayne’s father Brian Williams. He continued his career from there and is now known to be the best rapper alive and is now the leader of Cash money.
In 2009 Lil Wayne won a grammy award for the best male rapper in 2009. Thanks to his most successful series of the albums the Carter 1, The Carter 2, and The Carter 3. The Carter 3 was his most successful album which won him his grammy in 2009 for the song Amillie. This album sold over 1million records in the first week. It eventually went gold which is rare because most rappers only go platinum.
Free Weezy were the shirts fans of Lil Wayne were wearing when he was locked up. After his release he began making more music one of his biggest hits this year was 6 foot 7 foot featuring Corey Gunz. He is currently to continue his series by completing the Carter 4. Lil Wayne is on his way back to the top of the hip-hop charts.