Experience as a Pakistani in Teach Me Wall Street | Teen Ink

Experience as a Pakistani in Teach Me Wall Street

By smib77 BRONZE, Lahore, Other
smib77 BRONZE, Lahore, Other

Growing up in a country like Pakistan, my interactions were largely confined to individuals with similar backgrounds, views, and perspectives. It wasn't until I participated in an online workshop called "Teach Me Wall Street" that I had the opportunity to engage with people outside my cultural sphere. Interestingly, I was the sole Pakistani participant in the two sessions I attended, which took place late at night.

During the workshop, I encountered questions that shed light on how people perceive Pakistan. One such instance was when I was asked whether Coke or Pepsi is sold in Pakistan. This made me reflect on my country's reputation and the stereotypes associated with it.

Despite these moments, the workshop itself proved to be incredibly engaging, providing me with valuable insights into the business world. I learned a great deal from the sessions, and I recommend the experience to anyone interested in expanding their knowledge of the business realm.

My name is Ibrahim Sultan, a 17 year old from Lahore, Pakistan. I go to Aitchison College and am going to graduate in June of 2025.