Hidden Wild Hammock | Teen Ink

Hidden Wild Hammock

By Attici-magni GOLD, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
Attici-magni GOLD, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

"Veni, Vidi, Vici" - Julius Ceasar

The Hidden Wild hammock is perfect for the everyday adventurer or someone that just wants to kick back and relax on their lawn. It is inexpensive and can be bought in-store nationwide, for around thirty dollars plus tax.

It offers the mobility to allow for various setups while also being lightweight. The clips are durable and the straps are industrial strength. This hammock is perfect for snuggling up and taking a nap anywhere that your heart desires. 

This hammock can fit up to two people or support a load of up to four hundred pounds. It is made with nylon, which is a strong and lightweight material. There is also a very helpful storage bag that is integrated into the hammock that not only fits the hammock itself but also the straps and clips as well. It features a  clip on the top to secure the inner materials and collapses down to be able to pack into your bag or let it dangle on the outside. 

There are some drawbacks to the product, though. For the everyday person that will be using this in their backyard, it works perfectly. But the issue for many adventures, like myself, is that the straps are far too heavy. In total, the bag packed up weighs three pounds. That may not seem like a lot, but if you have been hiking all day with that on your back, it definitely slows you down. 

Another issue is that because the hammock material is so light and thin, it provides no insulation. If you set up between two trees, the air travels underneath your body and takes away your body heat. This could be the difference between life and death. To solve this issue though, I found out that you can put a blanket where you are going to lay and it helps to insulate you. 

The thing that differentiates the Hidden Wild hammock from its competitors is the price. This two-person hammock is one of the cheaper ones on the market while still having great quality. It sits around thirty dollars while its competitors are all in the middle or high thirties and is still made with exceptional quality; one of the better products that I have seen on the market. It offers a nice color blue that pops out at you and soft nylon to make you comfortable. 

Overall, this is a great product that will last a lifetime. I can see myself using it many times and possibly even passing it down to my children. it is an excellent deal for the price and If I went back in time with the information that I have now, I would still buy it again. So, even if your only adventure is in the backyard on a sunny Sunday afternoon, the Hidden Wild hammock is the perfect choice.