Fallen leaves | Teen Ink

Fallen leaves

By kennedyshine PLATINUM, Corte Madera, California
kennedyshine PLATINUM, Corte Madera, California

The perpetual pursuit for an unattainable freedom

Leaves fall at my feet
Much like we have fallen apart
We dried up in the heat
Because of ice within our heart

Wind blew these leaves to the ground
And our words brought us to our knees
With rain and thunder the leaves have browned
And you left despite all my pleas

By imperfect circumstance
We were blown clean from our roots
We used to be the tree’s inhabitants
And now we are trampled by boots

Perhaps one day when our fighting ends
We will manage to grow again

This is my first sonnet; just felt like trying something new. Since I wrote this without much context (other than wanting to write a sonnet) it might not be the best thing out there, but if you like it I'd love to hear it.

TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret" -Ambrose Bierce
" Be yourself! Everybody else is already taken ;)"
"Don't go where the path leads you. Go instead where there's no path and leave a trail ;)"-R.W.Emerson

Sorry but I don't like it. Actually I Love It!! Are you kidding me? I cannot believe this is your first sonnet. It's simply marvellous, so beautiful, tender, sweet and very deep. I kind of went through the same path so i must say that I felt like I was living the moment you described. I just love the fact that you still have hope at the end of the poem, which is great cuz hope is what gives us the strength to fight for what we want. So keep it up and live every single poem you write. Don't write to please the others, write instead for yourself, also to help those in need and mostly for your belief. Awww by the way, you said it's the first sonnet you ever wrote, well would please check out my first sonnet I ever wrote TeenInk.com/poetry/all/article/680535/See-you-soon/ there it is. Thank you so much for sharing this ^_^ You certainly deserve taking the 1st place with this masterpiece. 5 starred it already :D