Stand Up Stand Out | Teen Ink

Stand Up Stand Out

By Belluna45 PLATINUM, Shelbyville, Kentucky
Belluna45 PLATINUM, Shelbyville, Kentucky

"Look after my heart- I've left it with you."
-Stephenie Meyer (Eclipse (Twilight #3))
"Either write something worth reading or do something wor
th writing."
-Benjamin Franklin
"A dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest."
-Johnny Depp

Standing up is hard to do.

To your friends, to bullies to anything or anyone, you name it.

It is hard to speak out, so you can get through

The ruff and easy times. There is a light lit

Just for you to follow. Influence has a path all of its own.

Stand up above bullies; you are stronger than them,

Stand up above the drugs and alcohol they can be real life changers and take hold of your life and own and throw

Your life out the door. Sometimes your life is completely taken right from under you, this is no sham.

How much does your life mean to you?

Life is something you just don’t throw away.

If things get tough, alcohol and drugs are not the answer, they are not the missing puzzle piece to

The puzzle of life. It may be hard to get through, but what lifestyle do you want to portray?

So please I ask you once more. Stand up to influence, and stand out in the crowd.

Stand up, stand out. Your life is worth it. Make your voice heard, you too can be loud.

This piece was inspired by Stand Up to the Influence Website, I wanted to try and make a difference in others lives, why not by a poem?

wordweaver said...
With so much pressure on teens and their families, they need to remember that we're all in this together - and at times we do have to 'Stand up and Stand out' - even if it is only to help each other. And in the process, we are helping ourselves to be strong too. I like the sentiments expressed in this poem.