Him & Him | Teen Ink

Him & Him

By electrichearts SILVER, Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
electrichearts SILVER, Franklin Lakes, New Jersey

"It didn't matter in the end how old they had been, or that they were girls, but only that we had loved them, and that they hadn't heard us calling, still do not hear us, up here in the tree house with our thinning hair and soft bellies, calling them out of those rooms where they went to be alone for all time, alone in suicide, which is deeper than death, and where we will never find the pieces to put them back together. "

Commandments stone on slave-prince mountain maul
Less pay rebuke from quiet burdens pained
Thy new deems obsolete hath heaven call
Weeping doves cast crimson, edicts inane
Virtuous bride veneer exalting fifth
Wed tender beguil’d hands dearth commonplace
Forsake poor ills cherishing dev’lish sift
Abstract His binding ring; expunge thy grace
Hath said adoration shall relish flaws
Perhaps claimed forth heeding His hail and beck
Yet so accept tragedies, tender claws
Vehement joys s’rrounding thy face and neck?
Discern, breed sheep, elude, lest He appease
Exist no truer words abode of these

This was written about a battered wife, who fears to leave her husband due to her commitment to God and religion, public scorn, and her husband. It does not take place in any specific place or time as such women have almost always and as long as partnerships have existed, suffered in silence. It tries to say that despite the Bible's intention to promote peace, love, and devotion in marriage, the social bind can also destroy when a spouse becomes abusive.

Tongue_Blep PLATINUM, ????, Ohio
It was an awesome poem!!! Great job! i just wrote two stories called nightstalker and the beast. If any of u read them please post comments if u liked them or not or if i should change anything. Thanks! :D

Antoinette16 GOLD, Ringgold, Georgia

"We could be a beautiful, miracle, unbelievable, instead of just invisible" Taylor Swift :)

This is great, I had to read it a couple of times to understand it, but it's amazing.

Lola_Black GOLD, Harrison, Michigan

"I've always been famous. It's just everybody's just now finding out." --Lady Gaga

I feel kind-of dumb, since I had to read it a few times to get it. And even then, I still needed the side caption or I would still be confused. But, it's beautiful. The words just flow together, you know? Whether you know what it's saying or not, it still sounds right.

emanmkhan SILVER, Austin, Texas

\"People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel.\" Maya Angelou

Wait a sec, this isn't in the print magazine?!

emanmkhan SILVER, Austin, Texas

You are gifted, my friend.

The~Watcher said...
Mmm... I'm not quite sure that the author understands all the words. I mean, maybe she has a general idea, but doesn't quite get what part of speech they are or typical connotations. I knew what all the words meant, but they were strung together in a way that didn't make much sense.

oswinnnn GOLD said...
oswinnnn GOLD, Byron Center, Michigan

This left me absolutely speechless. You have an amazing talent. Don't give it up. 

kdtodd BRONZE said...
kdtodd BRONZE, Paw Paw, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Laugh everyday because you never know when the last time that you laugh is!

I really love this poem! It is really good!

AndySixxLover GOLD, Weatherford, Texas

These violent delights have violent ends and in there triumph die like fire and powder in witch their kiss consume

Some of the words were BIG but it was good

Dominicano_Loco PLATINUM, Spotsylvania, Virginia

"Live and learn, and when ya fall, Stand Strong and come back!"/"I'm goin to regrett this 1 tomorrow."

Sorry to say but the wording is very complicated. It appears to have a story and some meaning behind it, but the complicated wording takes alot away from readers such as myself.

I have no idea what any of that says. Umm. Dictionary Pleaase>?

marlina said...
so touching! this belongs in the magazine

Marlyre PLATINUM, Kalamazoo, Michigan

"when you cry, do you waste your tears?" Madonna

WOW, diction so elaborate and language woven to suit the times of biblical birth, great! i have a sonnett in pending, but could you read some of my stuff?

anime18 SILVER said...
anime18 SILVER, Brampton, Other

Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.

I WISH I COULD HAVE SUCH PASSION IN MY WRITTING

CreativeScript PLATINUM, Port Hardy, Other

This is really good! I liked how professionally and well written this is.

CHECK OUT MY STORIES: Driving Drunk & Ouiji Board if you like HORROR & PERSONAL LIFE EXPERIENCES!

kread18 DIAMOND, Berkeley, California
thank the lord, a sonnet in the sonnet section!! and a darn good one that that... i can never get my words to work out this way. You've definitely mastered the art of language, and your message is amazing. this needs to be in the printed magazine!

BlueInk94 PLATINUM, Valley Park, Missouri

Shakespeare  sonnets were meant to be interpreted in various ways. One of them may have used metaphors. But this poem is undeniably AMAZING! I always have trouble using the rhyme schemes withoutloosing the overall meaning. ITS INSPIRING!

An extended metaphor is not a characteristic of a Shakespearean sonnet. ;)

Milo! said...
There's no extended metaphor in the second quatrain. There should be one since I'm assuming you're writing a shaekspearean sonnet

haha you're very kind :)