My future | Teen Ink

My future

By hannahbee7 DIAMOND, Boca Raton, Florida
hannahbee7 DIAMOND, Boca Raton, Florida

"You know you’re a writer if your friend tells you a heartbreaking story and your first reaction is – wow, that would make an incredible plot for a novel. You know you’re a smart writer if you manage to keep that reaction to yourself."

"Writing is no career"
"Give up while you're ahead"
"You'll be a starving artist"
"Believe in what we've said"

"But I love it and I'm good!
It's the only thing that's mine
For the first time I'm not giving up
and isn't that a sign?"

"You really don't have talent"
"Go find another dream"
"You'd make a real good teacher"
"The arts are never as they seem"

"But when It comes to choosing jobs
writing's all that I can do
maybe I'm not good at all
though it seems strange it's true"

"Fine go! Dow what you want!
But don't cry back to me
when the lights turn off, you're broke
and you're husband's running free"

"But here's the thing:I love it
writing brings me peace
I see it in my future
I only need to be released!"

"Whatever girl, You'll fail"
"Writing cannot make a job"
"It don't matter if you want it"
"I won't listen to you're sobs"

"Well you know what? Writing's all I have
and sure, maybe I suck
but I'll get my name out there
with some passion and some luck"

This piece is a conversation between my mind and me. My mind is saying that I could never make a career in writing and I need to find another plan for my life, but I'm saying I love it and I'm better at writing than anything else. I don't know if anyone else has that feeling but If I can't be a novelist or a poet I have no Idea what career to pursue.

SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

This piece is so motivating and reminded me of all those thousands of similar conversations I've had with my inner voice. You just put it all so perfectly. Amazing poem :D

Read Bradbury's (author of Farenheit 451) comments on his life as a writer.

Michelle24 GOLD, Riverwoods, Illinois

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."-Dr. Seuss

"Life is not measured by the breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away."-Unknown

I have this fight in my head at least five times a week! I love it so much. It explains in exact words how I feel.

ReflectionsofYou GOLD, Mason, Tennessee
I've felt the same way before. You're not alone. I appreciate you sharing that, makes me feel better...

pandaLICIOUS SILVER, Portland, Oregon

“For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.” -Audrey Hepburn

WOW!!!! I love it!! I like how you had a conversation with yourself in the poem! It was really unique! :)

phenanthrene BRONZE, Cordova, Tennessee

"Do not fight with monsters, lest you become a monster; and if you look into the abyss, the abyss also looks into you." -Freidrich nitzche

thats an amazing peice! its so hard to make a living doing what u love in this world, but follow ur dreams and ur never wrong!

PlasticDreams BRONZE, Boca Raton, Florida
This is fantastic ^^ And you're an amazing writer, proof is in the highschool we go to. But you really are, don't forget that (:

bluemagnet22 PLATINUM, Dearborn Hts, Michigan

You were born an origanal why die a copy?The secret to success is the consistency to pursue.To the world you may be one person,but to one person you may be the world.To receive the right answer,you must ask the right question.Don't worry be happy! :)

Wow! An amazing poem and oh so true!