Take My Hand | Teen Ink

Take My Hand

By Xena_Zionne GOLD, Chicago, Illinois
Xena_Zionne GOLD, Chicago, Illinois

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” -Marilyn Monroe

Take my hand, pull me close
Close your eyes, don’t let go oh no
Be afraid, cause fear saves, lives
But don’t scared to lean into my arms
I’m not scared to love you for who you are
If you cry I will cry and we’ll both weep ,together
But don’t you let me go

I know I’m not the person you thought I would turn out to be
Everyday I stare at my reflection and hate what I see
But if the past is all we’ve done
And the present is all that we do
Then the future is all we have to look forward too
So don’t turn your back on me just yet
I know you have a lot of regrets but
With every regret is a lesson learned
And I’m still learning…

im still learning

Throughout life we hurt many people especially those who we love. My ex-boyfriend inspired me to publish this he left to another state after just telling me how he felt and I broke down. I hurt him and my family and it just shoes that I have a lot to learn. I just hope they don't give up.

Xena_Zionne GOLD, Chicago, Illinois

Thanks for the advice. I leave certain words or lines lower case to symbolize different things like a continuation of a lyric or a display of an emotion. I think i'll have to decide on one or another. thx again for the advice. I really appreciate it!! - Caramel Kisses:}

WinterRose76 SILVER, Ok., Florida

Arise and be all that you dream - Flyleaf

I love how relatable and heartfelt this piece is. The emotion shines through brilliantly and I could easily connect with it. The only suggestion I have is watch your capitalizaton because it is alittle inconsistent. But overall, I think this is a very powerful poem! Nice work :)

EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

This is amazing. It's full of emotion, honesty/rawness, and also you. It's just amazing. I can't believe that it has only oone comment now making two. I thnk that though there are some people who hurt people more, I think everyone hurts someone. I hurt, you hurt, everyone hurts. We also hurt people, even when we don't and didn't mean to. It's just how part of life it is, kind of. But we're all still learning. That last line in your poem that I love a lot is, "I'm still learning." For it is true, if we let ourselves, we are still learning. I'm still too. Haha, I hope this all makes sense. All in all, your poem is wonderful and full of amazingness. I aboslutely love it, and connect ot it from a rather similar experience.Thank you for sharing this. ^_^

TheReader said...
i think you did a good job for this to be your first article. it sounds like you hurt a lot of people and theymade you want to change. i get it. making mistakes and screwing up is all part of the teenage life. keep writing champ! i'll keep reading.