Not the Only One | Teen Ink

Not the Only One

By onegirlandapen PLATINUM, Madera, California
onegirlandapen PLATINUM, Madera, California

"For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

If your heart is breaking today
If your soul is screaming and you are afraid, then you're not the only one, You're not the only one. If you feel the need to cry, If you want to try a prayer for the first time, then you're not the only one

CHORUS:
The whole world was shaken to the core So many lives were changed forevermore You're not the only one who wonders what this happened for. We feel the way you do. We share the pain with you

Verse 2
If your heart is longing for peace If you want an end to the suffering and grief then you're not the only one and if you feel like you just can't move on If it feels to you that all hope is gone then you're not the only one. You're not the only one.

Chorus

I wrote this song after the Boston Bombings happened, really, though, its applicable to any tragedy. Especially world wide ones.

MaryGrace01 BRONZE, Cincinnnati, Ohio

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -Doctor Seuss "It's not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain." -Anonymous

I love it! It really struck a chord (no pun intended) with me, and I think it's a great way to respond to the tragedy.