Beautiful in Yourself | Teen Ink

Beautiful in Yourself

By TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas
TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas

"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there's a light shining somewhere nearby." - Unknown

The words that you say
Are beautiful in themselves
Syllables escaping your lips
Nobody but us
We're sitting and we're talking
Words against words
Just listening to your voice
Beautiful in itself
Nothing else matters

[Chorus]
Oh, when I'm with you
I can't hear myself think
Your beauty is distracting
Let's start subtracting
All the negatives
All the other things
'Cause they don't add up to
What is you and me

The things that you do
Are perfect in themselves
Sweet overflowing
Everything and us
Sitting and we're moving
Actions and actions
Just watching you move
Beautiful in itself
Nothing else matters

[Chorus x2]

'Cause when I'm with you
I can't help but feel more alive
When I'm with you
When I'm with you

I wrote this about a wonderful guy that I've met. :)

SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

:) You're Welcome (;

TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas

Thanks for commenting. (:

- Maya Angelou

Nice song. At first I didn't know it was song lyrics. But then when I read it, that's the only way it made sense. They are real nice.

TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas

Thank you so much!

flanny SILVER said...
flanny SILVER, Madison, New Jersey

"You must do the thing you think you cannot do." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

I loved it, while I was reading I found myself putting a rhythm into it

TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas

Thank you so much!

Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana

“If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose”
― Charles Bukowski

Loved this, the execution and the ideas! Beautifully simple:)