You Take My Breath Away | Teen Ink

You Take My Breath Away

April 15, 2012
By realbeautifulheart PLATINUM, Livermore, California
realbeautifulheart PLATINUM, Livermore, California
21 articles 1 photo 53 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Life is a package that you have to sign for. Yes, it's free. No, there's no guarantee as to what it holds. Open with caution, it's 'FRAGILE'." (I made this up.)


Starry night in the courtyard
Everyone's slow danc-ing
He holds her tight as they dip and twirl to the music
They could stay like this forever:
Lost in the moment

And he said, "You look fab-u-lous tonight and I wouldn't change a thing about you." I wouldn't change- I wouldn't change a thing about you.

Year later, they're still together
Watching the sunset, fair weather
Happy to be alive,
Happy to be together

And he said, "You look fab-u-lous tonight and I wouldn't change a thing about you.
The moment's right and I'm thanking God I ever met you." Thanking God I ever met you- Thank God I ever met you.

Flash forward and they're dancing at their own wedding, clear skies
Their smiles glow in the twilight

And he said, "You look fab-u-lous tonight and I wouldn't change a thing about you.
The moment's right and I'm thanking God I ever met you.
And in this light, you take my breath away." Away, yeah!

Two kids and 50 happy years later, he lays in bed at the hospital, getting sicker.

As she tucks him in for the last time, he whispers, "You look fab-u-lous tonight and I wouldn't change a thing about you.
The moment's right and I'm thanking God I ever met you.
And in this light, you take my breath away.
I love you. I-I lo-ove you."


The author's comments:
If you want to use this, ask for my direct permission first and then be sure to credit me, that I wrote this. I wrote this for my own band and am still intending on using it for the band's purposes.