The Little Things | Teen Ink

The Little Things

By jenicex DIAMOND, Passaic, New Jersey
jenicex DIAMOND, Passaic, New Jersey

"Stay beautiful. Keep it ugly." <3

And it's just the little things you do that make me fall so much harder over you. Well we've tried this before, but I never asked to get my heart broken. Now we're just friends like before, and your heart seems perfectly fine again.
What's going on? You held my hand that day, and you made all the pains go away. I was on top on the world that day.
What's going on? Because my heart's never been the same. I can't make that go away; I don't think it works that way.
Suddenly, it hurts to breathe. And we, we just start to bleed. 'Cause I know you've been saying things that I've been feeling, and I think that maybe we should try to be one again.
Or just erase everything that I've said. What was I thinking, trying to hurt myself again?
I still remember the things you told me. And it still makes my heart skip a beat.
SO what's going on? You need to watch what you say. 'Cause I can't stop feeling this way. Did your feelings really go away?
So what's going on? And everything that you'd said still plays that song in my head. Will I ever just be me again?
Everything about you is beautiful, and everything you do makes me sing. Every time I'm with you, I lose control. And you'll always be my everything.