Never Understimate a Girl | Teen Ink

Never Understimate a Girl

By amanda727 PLATINUM, Salt Lake City, Utah
amanda727 PLATINUM, Salt Lake City, Utah

Don't let anybody tell you who you are; don't let anyone tell you that you don't deserve what you're willing to work for.
Never give up; you\'ll never know how far you could go until you try to get to where you want to go.

You're sittin' over there
talkin' like you're better than me
like you've got a right, more skill in everything
like it's destined in some prophecy
But let me tell you something
something one day you'll see
one day you'll figure out, what the world is all about
you'll step back to re-evaluate me
re-think your priorities

CHORUS: Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day she will become your world
she understands,she wears the pants
she knows your thoughts with one glance

Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day you'll be on her pay roll
can control you with her finger,
so don't dare too long to linger,
cause' you know she's in control
never underestimate a girl

Go ahead and drop your mouth
you know what I'm talkin' about
guess one day you'll see
Beauty tamed the Beast
Ariel left the sea
we're stronger than you think

CHORUS

Never underestimate a girl
no, never underestimate a girl

DON'T UNDERESTIMATE A GIRL... I know some guys think they are tougher or more skilled but... us girls stick together and we're strong and we're quick thinking... so we'll take your world by surprise....

micshea99 PLATINUM, Matthews, North Carolina
Retweet 

dgeileen PLATINUM, Livingston, New Jersey

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.”
― Oscar Wilde

Yay girl power! The message reminds me of songs like Who Run the World (Girls).

AllyRaven said...
AllyRaven, London, Ohio

"My heart is like a flower that has lost some petals;Its not complete but its still there."-I wrote this quote myself hope you like it!

Wow! I love this song! You should do more work like this. I'm going through a tough time and this song made me feel stronger. Thank you!

ILOVESHERLOCK PLATINUM, Sydney, Other

All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Not universally, no. 
But that's exactly my point - you can't say someone is born with an advantage over someone else, because we aren't just born with 'one talent' or 'no talent'. Thank you for finally agreeing. :) Skills may be more useful to you than others, but that's not always the case in real life. For example, good writing skills are often valued more by some select people, over let's say, skills as a photographer. But where would journalists be without their photographers? And if a very successful photographer wasn't good at writing emails, he could pay someone to do it for him. Who has the advantage then? They're both equal.

Shade3043 DIAMOND, Shade3043 Did This, In Case Of Anonymous, Other

When I was a boy, I would always hear scary things in the news and my mother would say to me, "Always look for the helpers. Everywhere you look you will always find people helping." - Fred Rogers

Then you have this. Yes, people have good areas, and people have bad areas, but here's the thing. If I'm good at engineering, but bad at cooking, will I be less successful than one who knows nothing about engineering, but is good at cooking? No. Some skills are more useful than others. Yesm the theory of natural selection is a theory, but it is so well backed up that it is almost universally accepted.

EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

I think people are created equal. Everyone is equal. I don't think there has to be a argument about who's equal or who's stronger, I mean everyone's different. We all have our strengths and weaknesses. And if girls are that different from other girls (because you're you, and being you is diferent from everyone else. whether you like it or no, I'm sorry.) then yea, I'm sure girls are different from boys. Not a bad difference, a good difference. And I'm glad you're taking a stand amanda727. Fight for what you believe in, and know that evryone is equal. Your poem is inspiratioal and and I think this would make an awesome song or is a awesome song. Thank you for sharing this!

ILOVESHERLOCK PLATINUM, Sydney, Other

Besides, the theory of natural selection is that - a THEORY.

ILOVESHERLOCK PLATINUM, Sydney, Other

Then you have other qualities that Phelps doesn't have to make up for it. We need to look at people with a wholistic view, because people aren't a single skill or talent - they're made up of thousands of components: personality, heart, resilience and so forth. Equality in birth is evident when we weigh all of that up together. 

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the evolution of any species is that certain babies in that species are born with an advantage. I could ge tthe best trainers in the world and train for 15 hours a day, but I'm never gonna swim as good as MIchael Phelps. Why? Because he was born with an advantage over others.

Snugglebug16 said...
All people are equal. The world just doesn't treat them like it'. So to answer your question yes I do think that everyone is equal.

Starcatcher001 SILVER, Cypress, Texas

I had a rock garden. Last week, three of them died. -Richard Diran

Although many people out there are ignorant to the inequality still present in today's society, those of us who realize these injustices can do such admirable things to try and open the eyes of people around us. This is a very powerful and inspirational piece that was obviously written by one of the afore-mentioned people; she realizes that girls are often treated like lesser beings and she is taking a stand.

ILOVESHERLOCK PLATINUM, Sydney, Other

Me too! :D

bananakiwi said...
bananakiwi, Miami, Florida

"I'm the smartest blond your ever meet!:)"

Sassy! I love it!  

Jessalynn BRONZE, Rensselaer, Indiana

"If the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." Paul walker

I love this song, i made one and then made another poem that hasn't gotten approved yet. It's been like 4 days. Still no reply, but yours is really good

Nelly_Nell GOLD, Bakersfield, California

'' For every dark night there is an even brighter day"

-Tupac Shukar

yes she was storng becasue it took a lot out of her to leave her home especially knowing that it would hurt her father so....yea shje is very stong...

-Tupac Shukar

yes......i do

-Tupac Shukar

she was strong because it took a lot out of her to leave her home knowing it would hurt her father so... yea 

Does anyone really think that everyone is created equal? ANYONE?

blah said...
Look Girls/Women=Boys/Men! Not every girl was as you and micheal whatever described. Like Alice Paul, Rosa parks,and many more. It's sexist for you guys to coment like that too. If you believe that then keep it to yourseleves and not ruin the awsome work by having a personal oppion discussion on the comments board. If you want to do that then go to the forums that's what their there for!

TheMuseEuterpe GOLD, Lafayette, Indiana

Writing is my oxygen. Music is my carbon dioxide. ~Jessica Bell

I love it!!!!! There's so much sass in one song!!!!