Contradiction leads to replacement | Teen Ink

Contradiction leads to replacement

By elizabeth0x0 PLATINUM, Rancho Palos Verdes, California
elizabeth0x0 PLATINUM, Rancho Palos Verdes, California

If you can't do it, try again. The only way you'll be able to accomplish anything is if you believe you can... so what's impossible? Nothing is impossible.

Another summer night, passes quickly, like the speed of light. And I'm sitting here, all by myself. Waiting for your call..... But my phone never rings. It stays silent until the next morning.

-And you lead me on. And say everything will be perfect later on. Well I'm tired of the contradiction 'cause I don't want to waste my time...

-Chorus-You say one thing but then do everything you claim, you'd never do. You just do it because it puts you in a mood. And you say 'what's up' and 'hi to you too' well you know whats up.. I'm replacing you.

One moment you make me feel lucky and then the next not so.. happy. You can make a good day turn out badly, just by the way you talk to me. I met a guy and he is amazing. He never wants to leave me hanging. He looks me in my eyes and sweeps me off my feet, and better yet, he catches me.

-You have led me on and said everything will be perfect later on. No more contradiction. I have a replacement.

-You have led me on. And I'm sick and tired of it too.

My guy, he is breathless... It's already, perfect, from the start. And even if it gets rocky, I know the peaks won't be as steep, as the ones you made for me. He won't make me hang on tight. And there won't be sudden bumpy rides. Because there's no
contradiction. Just listen, and learn.

-There's no such thing as you and perfection. And I'm tired of
waiting for the end of your contradiction

-Chorus-You say one thing but then do everything you claim, you'd never do. You just do it because it puts you in a mood. And you say 'what's up' and 'hi to you too' well you know whats up.. I've replaced you.

Let the writing speak for itself :)

sillygirl880 BRONZE, Spring Grove, Pennsylvania

"IF I CANT DO IT ILL DO IT"

like i said before its really good you know whats ahead of you!!:)