Nothing Here | Teen Ink

Nothing Here

April 2, 2019
By Isaboo2019 SILVER, Bennington, Vermont
Isaboo2019 SILVER, Bennington, Vermont
6 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
No matter how big or small, a blessing is a blessing.


I seen that you were sad so i tried to ask you what was wrong. You said nothing, but then you tried to move along. I seen your smile fade, a tear fell down your face, and then you turned and walked away. I grabbed your arm, but then you pushed me away. You looked at me and said that you made a dumb mistake. You began to tremble and the tears rolled on down your face. And all you said to me was, “Please just go away”.

----------------Chorus---------------------------

With us, you know that there was nothing here.

We were all but gone anyway.

You said our love was fake, it all faded away.

And now where my heart used to be, there's nothing here.

-----------------------------------------------------

You know that i cared so i never went away. I just sat there as you cried throughout the day. I tried to make you laugh, i tried to make you smile, but nothing that i did ever made it half a mile.

You looked at me once af if to say, why are you here, you need to go away. You made my life something worth to live, but you also made it a living hell, and just something to give.

----------------Chorus---------------------------

With us, you know that there was nothing here.

We were all but gone anyway.

You said our love was fake, it all faded away.

And now where my heart used to be, there's nothing here.

-----------------------------------------------------

You know that nothing heals the hurt like time. So i'm gonna stay, not walk away this time. If your mad, i just want you to know that i care. We don't have to talk, i just want to be near. I just want you to know that you'll always have me here.

But then you said that there was nothing here…...


The author's comments:

Another love gone wrong, but for the right reasons.