The Mime | Teen Ink

The Mime MAG

By JRaye PLATINUM, Dorr, Michigan
JRaye PLATINUM, Dorr, Michigan

"If you build your house far enough away from Trouble, then Trouble will never find you."

"Have you ever looked fear in the face and said, 'I just don't care.'?"

I'm done with this gig
Because I can't press my palms
To the glass anymore

JRaye PLATINUM said...
JRaye PLATINUM, Dorr, Michigan

Thank you so much, I'm glad :)

BandGeekAndProud PLATINUM, Burlington, Massachusetts

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Albert Einstein

There are only two kinds of haikus: crappy ones and beautiful ones. This is in the second category. I can relate so much to the feeling of hopelessness and just being done with everything this poem makes me personally feel. I'm not sure if that's how you meant it, but I think it's fantastic that you wrote something that conveyed emotion to your reader, even if that wasn't the emotion you meant to send.

EmmaClaire0823 GOLD, Bay Minette, Alabama

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."

The simplicity of this poem portrays such a deep meaning. It's beautiful. 

JRaye PLATINUM said...
JRaye PLATINUM, Dorr, Michigan

Thank YOU, Thank YOU so much!! :D

EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

Wow. This just perfectly describes it. I love it. It may be short, but it's so powerful. You have such a talent and greatness in you; I hope you know that. Thank you, thank you so much for sharing this. Also, congrats on having this published. ^_^

JRaye PLATINUM said...
JRaye PLATINUM, Dorr, Michigan

Thanks!!! :D

elycavill SILVER, Samobor, Other

Leave nothing but footprints,
Take nothing but pictures,
Kill nothing but time.

So amazing! Speechless! Congrats for the mag! 5*

JRaye PLATINUM said...
JRaye PLATINUM, Dorr, Michigan

Thank you! :)

theblondechick GOLD, Kingsport, Tennessee

I want to live and feel all the shades, tones, and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life.
And I am horribly limited.
-Sylvia Path

This is so cyptic and mysterious and thought provoking and something I can relate too! Wonderful. 

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

You know what. Now I get it. I'm at a point right now in my life where I feel fustrated. I wake up every day with the weight of anxiety pressing down on my shoulders. I sleep with that weight drowning me. The only times where I don't feel that burden is usually when I'm online just drifting time, at church, or when I'm writing. Exactly right now at this time, I was feeling supremely anxious (or more like feeling this awful sense of dread). I felt better earlier today for a while after church, but it got to me again. After reading this comment and your poem again, I'm feeling better. Thanks. That's how powerful this little piece is. 

JRaye PLATINUM said...
JRaye PLATINUM, Dorr, Michigan

Thank you ou SO much for your beautiful words! :D Now, everyone's felt trapped or isolated at one point or another - It happens all the time, whether someone else or we ourselves are doing the imprisoning. Personally... I have Asperger Syndrome, a mild form of autism. I can function well enough, and but it can be really hard to express myself at times. T These words just came to me one night - I was so sad, so angry, so desperate to break free from myself... These words are some of my rawest feelings. So, McKay, what's the meaning of this poem? What ever you want- that's the awesome thing about poetry. But this is what it means to me. Again, thank you so much for taking the time to read and attempt to decrypt this, it means the world to me.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Usually I'm not stumped with meaning of poems. But then comes along something so beautiful—and deeply moving—but cryptic to me; something like this. I love your wording in this poem. And the picture I can visualize. But I just can't fathom the meaning. You must explain what this lovely piece means. Your haiku is excellent. And definitely deserved gracing the pages of Teen Ink. Well done. 5/5

JRaye PLATINUM said...
JRaye PLATINUM, Dorr, Michigan

Thank you :)

WOWriting SILVER, Broadstairs, Other
Meaningful :) I don't like haiku too much, but this is nice

asofnow GOLD said...
asofnow GOLD, Troy, Michigan

Nothing gold can stay ~ Robert Frost

I really enjoyed the simplicity of this. Although it is, superficially, about a mime, I feel like this is a very relatable poem. Nice job!

Hanban12 ELITE said...
Hanban12 ELITE, Lake Worth, Florida

"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put foundations under them."
Henry David Thoreau

"I fell in love the way you fall asleep; slowly, and then all at once."
John Green

I love this piece! It's simply beautiful, in an elegant sort of way, and it's packed with tons of emotion and meaning. This definitely deserved to be placed in the magazine! Congrats! :)

JRaye PLATINUM said...
JRaye PLATINUM, Dorr, Michigan

Thanks so much! :)

WinterRose76 SILVER, Ok., Florida

Arise and be all that you dream - Flyleaf

Wow, this truly is a special piece. It's short, yet amazingly powerful! Well done 5/5

JRaye PLATINUM said...
JRaye PLATINUM, Dorr, Michigan

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it :)

HudaZav SILVER said...
HudaZav SILVER, Toronto, Other

"Nothing is impossible; the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" -Audrey Hepburn

My favorite haiku ever by far. It's hard to convey a deep meaning in only 3 lines, but you really did it well. Good job!