Why I Am Late to School | Teen Ink

Why I Am Late to School

By 411Ellie PLATINUM, Fridley, Minnesota
411Ellie PLATINUM, Fridley, Minnesota

"Paper is more patient than people." –Anne Frank

Sorry I am late
Oh, please don't mark me tardy
Heed my alibi

During my transport
Plaque clogged the arteries--it's
Lucky I'm alive!

There are a couple metaphors in the piece. Comment if you find them!

411Ellie PLATINUM, Fridley, Minnesota

Thank you! I am glad that you understood what I was getting at! :D

thomakab14 SILVER, North Canton, Ohio

Whether you say you can or day you can't, you're right!

I interprested it as if the heart attack was the literal and was a metaphor for trafific... like cars clogging up streets. No? Lol.

thomakab14 SILVER, North Canton, Ohio

This is absolutely hilarious!

SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

Hey, Lexy! You really must pardon me on this one, having never studied Biology I suppose I am quite ignorant when it comes to stuff like this :/ And I suppose there might be other metaphors in it but reading the comment by unknown made me biased so I cannot comprehened what they might be. So, you really need to explain this one to me :) Love, Saphira.

hieverybody said...
hieverybody, Shoreview, Minnesota
Hi Ellie!!!!!!! Yet again this is shows your creativity and your wonderful ideas for you haiku's. Very good poem! People do the infinite cosmos challenge!!!!! (it's fun)

411Ellie PLATINUM, Fridley, Minnesota

That's exactly what I was referring to! Thank you :)

Tja... Intressante. Transport, I believe you are referring to dieoxyribnucleic acids being transported through the veins and plaque build up blocked the arteris. Therefore, causing a heart attack or cardiac arrest.Clever indeed.