Getting Older | Teen Ink

Getting Older

By TanviKusum DIAMOND, Gurgaon, Other
TanviKusum DIAMOND, Gurgaon, Other

All men who have achieved great things have been great dreamers.
Orison Swett Marden

"The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say." - Anais Nin

we speak in hushed voices so as to not wake our memories

You are getting older when
the monsters inside your closet are scarier
than those under the bed.

Just a thought on what happens when we grow up!

PirateCountry DIAMOND, Muncie, Indiana

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Cool! You have summed up growing up in one sweet sentence! I really like it :)

nelehjr DIAMOND, Lingle, Wyoming

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Oooooh, I get it now! XD Haha, I'm glad you liked my missinterpration! I'm not gay, by the way, I just assume what it must be like.

TanviKusum DIAMOND, Gurgaon, Other

Orison Swett Marden

Hey, first of all I am SO sorry for being late. And also you have interpreted my work in a totally different light. I was just referring to the skeletons in the closet proverb. I LOVED HOW YOU GIVE THIS A MEANING. It's the best compliment I could ever get. THANKS SO MUCH!

nelehjr DIAMOND, Lingle, Wyoming

Is this a poem about being gay? You know, you're a kid and you don't actually know your sexuality because the opposite sex still has cooties, and your worst fear is whatever monsters are under your bed. Then you grow up and realize that the monster under your bed doesn't exist, the opposite sex does not infact have cooties...But you're not into the opposite sex. So you go into the closet, lie to everyone, lie to yourself, and your afraid to be gay. So then your the monster in your closet that you're so very afraid of. Am I spot on, or did I miss by a mile?