Insane Sanity | Teen Ink

Insane Sanity

By Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

Those who think they are
normal are the craziest
people in the world.

But the sanest of
people are those who embrace
their insanity.

I've realized as I've matured (as if) that there's no such thing as "normal". Everyone is crazy in their own way. Some of us just can't masquerade it as others can. Meditate on all the things you do, and you'll realize you're a little crazy. You do things other people don't consider "normal." But who cares? Normal is overrated. We're all one bit normal, but a hell lot crazier.

atlittlejohn SILVER, Las Cruces, New Mexico

Being a woman is a terribly difficult task, since it consist principally in dealing with men. -Joseph Conrad

Oh no it was definitely great! Love to hear from you!

Oh no it was definitely great! Love to hear from you!!

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Way to make my day. Hope it's just not flattery. :P Yeah, I'd love to critique your work. Thanks. 

After reading this...I think it's safe to say I am definitely in love. Your insights are beautiful, and the thought process I know is a phenonmenon. Can you critique me? Hearing from someone ike you would make me so happy as a writer, and as a person!

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thanks so much! I love it when my work makes the readers think. 

Kris_10 GOLD said...
Kris_10 GOLD, North Scituate, Rhode Island

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." -Theodore Roosevelt

So true! This is really good! It makes you think and those poems are the best.

Scarlett_the_pegacorn BRONZE, Niceville, Florida

Don't tell me how to live my life; I do what I want.

I'm only ever sweet and kind when it comes to you. Love you, doll. ;D

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Hey, Liv, it's been too long since we last chatted. Normality is something invented by man to make others whom he/she doesn't like in order to make them feel inferior due to a difference of opinions and likings. I too believe I am cray and I know it! Thanks for commenting.  ~Mckay. 

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

JRaye, thank you so much for agreeing and commenting. :D

Laugh-it-Out PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York, New York

"Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light" --Dylan Thomas

haha i love it. Its true, what is normal? Normal is nothing actually, just a lie told to make ourselves feel better, but in most cases worse. NOT ME THOUGH! I am the craziest person I know, and yet the beauty is that I know that!!! It only goes to show how truly insane my little brain is ;) Anyway, keep spitting out pieces (or whatever u do) cuz this was awesome sauce :) Keep rockin mckay     ~Liv

JRaye PLATINUM said...
JRaye PLATINUM, Dorr, Michigan

"If you build your house far enough away from Trouble, then Trouble will never find you."

"Have you ever looked fear in the face and said, 'I just don't care.'?"

Amen! :) This is amazing, beautifully written, and SO TRUE :D

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Yes! I love that quote. It's a partial inspiration for this poem. I've wanted to add it in my favorite quotes here on Teenink. Nonetheless, it appears I don't have space for it. -_- Oh well. Thank you. I will certainly try to keep writing as long as I'm still mad enough to write.

GreyGirl ELITE said...
GreyGirl ELITE, Pohang,Kyungbuk, Other
I love this. This reminds me of a quote from Alice in Wonderland: “have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.” :D Keep writing, you're awesome!

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Ha! Thanks so much. It's my motto as well. 

ramfthomas4 PLATINUM, South Bend, Indiana

“If the present world go astray, the cause is in you, in you it is to be sought.”
― Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy

i'm showing this to all my insane friends. that is basically our motto, written into poetry. thumbs up!

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Amen! No one even knows what normal is. Who the flip made it a standard anyway? Probably some lonely sad b******. XD Anyways, thank you, Scar. You're always sweet and kind when it comes to my poetry. 

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

I did, didn't I? Thank you, Krasota, for reading my madness. XD 

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

I'm honored that you've been reading all of my work. Thank you. I don't intentionally write a short poem then a long one. I hadn't have even given that thought before...thank you for poiting that out. I'm touched really by your feedback. I appreciate it. 

Thank you for once again putting your thoughts onto paper (screen/word document) flawlessly. There is indeed no such thing as normal. Besides, even if there were such a thing as normal, who the heck would wanna be "normal"? Normal is boring; boring is no fun.

Carpe-Caffeam GOLD, No Where, Florida

“If it weren’t for the coffee, I’d have no identifiable personality whatsoever.” –David Letterman

Whoa, did you just pack that amazing message into two haikus? YES YOU DID. Brilliant poem XD