Stargazing | Teen Ink

Stargazing

By AugustSummerFling PLATINUM, Mylapore, Chennai, Other
AugustSummerFling PLATINUM, Mylapore, Chennai, Other

'For you, a thousand times over.' - Hassan, The Kite Runner

A professional writer is an amateur who didn't quit.

Phantoms of long lost
Stars speckle a billion
Irises on earth.

Did you know that when we look up at the night sky, we are looking at the lights from the stars and not the actual stars? The light emitted from far off stars takes years and years to travel to earth. By the time, the mother star could have succumbed to a collision and died. What we actually see Is the light emitted thousands of years ago when the star was extant. In a way, stargazing is like looking back in time :)

SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

Yeah, okay definitely! Looking forward to talking.

Hii :) I finally found you on facebook!! yayy! Im excited as well! sooo much! but hey I was thinking that mail should be better you know.. lol I find messaging story ideas on FB quite difficult you know. we will keep in touch on fb and how about exchanging mails?? We can have clear records and have some clarity. what do you say? I'll inbox you my email, alright? :)

- Maya Angelou

I'm so glad you replied... Oh,, now I get it...I suppose after reactivating which was only a few days ago, the setting for search was automatically set to friends, so now I reset it because when I searched for your name there were no results and I typed it in and checked twice then I copy pasted just to make sure, still no results so you're gonna have to search me... The dp is still the hat and The cover is a lantern  and lights...its sort of a food street, and I'm standing there but barely visible...the city and country you already know...so can't wait to hear from you :D Yiked I'm so excited!! :D Wow that story must be amazing. ... Can't wait to know more about it :))))) 

Hi Dua :D I'm soooo glad that you're back!! N I'm super excited to help you with the info you need for the book! N I searched you on FB. There was no graduation hat... Is your DP the girl in white salwar hiding her face with her henna hand?? My username is Dharini Kavya. The Dp is me n the cover pic has me n my little sister n an orange hibiscus :D LOL looking forward to talk to you n discuss ideas :) P.S. I have also got a story in my mind that is set in India. But it's set in the future. :)

- Maya Angelou

This is such an interesting and capturing notion. I love the fact that you used the word "Irises" in the poem... Utterly beautiful...Hey Kavya!! I've had this idea for a story and it's spinning and spinning in my head and I know that I won't rest until I write it ...well, it's acttually more like a huge-almost- novel -size sttory ...thing is I really NEED your help with it...I want to set in some place in India and the time would be like 20 years before world war 2 and then I would include world war 2 in it ...I'll tell you the details, but isn't there a way for us to communicate properly like Facebook or Email?? If you want just add me or Message me on Facebook, Dua Anjum. Okay and the picture is well, it's a graduation hat with "Mischief Managed" written on it. Pleaaassseee :D

1299836 said...
1299836, 1299836, California
thats interesting how the stars we see could be gone by then. I like how the entire poem is one sentence broken into three lines, and how you called the light emitted prior to us seeing it phantoms. It makes the reader feel small compared to the universe