Red Ribbons | Teen Ink

Red Ribbons

By Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

You slit red ribbons
on your wrists without leaving
a farewell note. Why?

If you're thinking of suicide, please, get help. And talk to someone about it. Don't close yourself in your own world. Someone can help Call 1-800-273-8255 National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. These people can help you.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thank you for reading and commenting. Means a lot to me. 

DawnieRae BRONZE, Lancaster, Ohio
This haiku is awesome! I also LOVE the title!!!! 

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thanks. You're an amazing person as well.

SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

......................................................

- Maya Angelou

I know you do Mckay. Even before you said that stuff I knew it. And it's these little things, these cares and these kind honest words that make you the amazing person that you are... I'll be missing you. Wait...hang on... when will I finally stop coming back here and realize exams have started and I should bycott everything else??..haha I have no idea.. You keep up the great work. In life and in writing. I'll be seeing you soon.. as in not real life seeing, TeenInk seeing :P

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thanks, Saphira. I do do do do care about people who are going through this situation. It's a hard one. Kinda hopeless and helpess. I want poeple, especially teens to enjoy what life has to offer. Yeah, it sucks some days. But who said life would be easy, you know. Just gotta take life one day at a time. Each day id gonna get better if you have hope. Glad you love it. And I'll try not to change in that aspect of my life. Some of the other aspects need to change; they're screaming for it.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Yes, I remeber our little suicidal conversation. I didn't think we'd talk about suicide ever. I had submitted this haiku before that little talk. And what'dya know? I posted a haiku on suicide. Ironic and funny in a morbid sick kinda way. Thanks, Liv; I'm so happy you love it. And the title, for the record was going to be something like You Died Without Leaving a Farewell Note, which now that I think about it, is not good whatsoever. I too like Red Ribbons. Has an innocence to it. Morbid once again. Thanks.

- Maya Angelou

Mckay! This is just spectacular! Like Liv, I LOVe LOve LOve that title , the title is in fact the MOST creative part of this....Not belittling the rest, no that's amazing too, the farewell note part and also how concerned you were.. Just says what an amazing person you are! Don't ever change that. Love always, Saphira.

Laugh-it-Out PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York, New York

"Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light" --Dylan Thomas

Haha! remeber our little chat about cutting poems?? No, this was great, as always, you really made me think! Now, i will never be suicidal, i love myself way too much! But I love how you added the info in your comments: very thoughtful. Once again Mckay: a beautiful prtrayal of something dark and captivating. I also LOVE LOVE LOVE the title! Keep rockin (ps, your the best!)