Invitation: Will You Walk with Me? | Teen Ink

Invitation: Will You Walk with Me?

By Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

Walk with me on this
little path called Life for Death
awaits over there.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thanks for sharing that. I'm so happy remind you of a poet that you love. And thank you for deciphering this poem. I know it means different things to each reader. 

SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

* I meant the way * you said how...

- Maya Angelou

Amazing... I'm starting to wonder how come I always write this one word...Maybe because I like it so much :))  This poem has depth. I can see how it has multiple meanings to every reader and how it may mean something entirely different to the original poet. The way how said how both are paths that are inadvertantly going to meet someday and that someday could even be today was beautiful.. It's true that life is short but there's this amazing verse by my most favourite urdu poet, I'll translate it poorly but at least, you'll get the essence, he said, "Only the ignorant man thinks Death is the termination of Life,......................... "Tis but the eve of Life, and the Morn' of Eternal Life. " .........   Of course this is in accordance with our beliefs so You don't really have to agree, I know in this from the verse isn't AS impressive as in its original form but your beautiful Haiku reminded me of it so I wanted to share it with you :D

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

I'm flattered by that. Thank you.

Metalhead08 GOLD, Port Republic, Maryland

"I'd rather hate you for everything you are. Than ever love you for something you are not. " FFDP "You're born alone and you die alone" FFDP "I wonder out where you can't see, inside my shell I wait and bleed." Slipknot " If youre 555 then I am 666"

Oh my this is the essence of beauty! Amazing!

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thanks, Lexus. And yes, I read that poem before. It's one of my faves. Cuz I love love love Emily Dickinson. One of my greatest inspirations for writing poetry. 

LexusMarie PLATINUM, Las Cruces, New Mexico

The more control you have over yourself, the less control others have over you.

OMG. This reminds me of one of my favorite poems! It reminds me of 'Death Stopped For Me' by Emily Dickinson. Have you read it? If not, look it up, and read it like now. It's AMAZING. I love the title, the fact that it is a question is so cool! I love question titles. I love this little haiku! This is crazy good!