It Has To End. | Teen Ink

It Has To End.

By SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other
SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

Rose bud, it's petals
Open and close everyday,
then one day they fall.

- Maya Angelou

Hey Mahnoor!! I only saw your comment today. MAde me SO HAPPY :D :D Thank You for the praise. I'll be reading and giving feedback on your work up here soon. Just pray for me that Allah help me manage this insane schedule better :P Love, Dua.

Nella.Girl97 BRONZE, Ashland, Wisconsin

"Keep on dreaming even if it breaks your heart."

Simple...yet PERFECT! Awesome job Saphira!!

MahnoorR BRONZE, Jhelum, Other

"Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and above all, those who live without love." -Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

"When the well is empty, we know the worth of water."
-William Shakespeare

Speechless. Seriously, speechless. This was - is - awesome!

- Maya Angelou

Oh, wow thank you!

StarGazer9 GOLD, Marana, Arizona

"Never let the odds keep you from doing what you know in your heart you were meant to do."

Hmm, hard question! I think i like this one the most though. It's message is simple, but beautiful.

- Maya Angelou

WOW, that is one of the nicest things I have heard in a long time. Thank you ever so much! You just made my day. And may I venture to ask, out of the ones you read, which one did you like best? 

StarGazer9 GOLD, Marana, Arizona

I've been reading your haikus and i must say that i've liked almost every single one. Great job on these, keep it up!

- Maya Angelou

Oh Thank you, truly your feedback is as beautiful as your poetry.. I meant duh! It's poetic itself.. Thanks! I'm happy happy happy. 

AugustSummerFling PLATINUM, Mylapore, Chennai, Other

'For you, a thousand times over.' - Hassan, The Kite Runner

A professional writer is an amateur who didn't quit.

You conveyed the essence of life in a simple seventeen syllable haiku. Great, saphira! All lives are beautiful just like roses, but wherever the rose is, they will wilt one day. Death is the final destination.life and death are complementary and each holds its own special beauty. I think you conveyed all these in your simple poem. Hats off!

- Maya Angelou

Oh Thank You for all this. I'm glad you understood what it was truly meant to convey. :D

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

This isn't only about roses, for sure. This talks about life in general. It buds one day; the nest it blooms; then withers too quickly. Sad but true. I love this one the best of all your new haikus; not to belittle the rest. They're all what haikus should be.