You Are NOT Me | Teen Ink

You Are NOT Me

By Under-the-Rain GOLD, Chicago, Illinois
Under-the-Rain GOLD, Chicago, Illinois

Are you ready to go to battle with your mind?- Written by me :)
Lost the battle, win the war//Bringing my sinking ship back to the shore- Paramore, Now

I have lots to say,
You dare disagree with me?
They're my opinions.

Just because someone disagrees with you does NOT mean you start a fight NOR let that person belittle you. You are your own person, you have your own opinions, your likes, and your dislikes. You are free to the world.

MissExploration BRONZE, Vancouver, Washington

It Can Only Fly When It Needs To.

I love this haiku, short and sweet, but holds a lot of meaning. I like your last line the best, "they're my opinions" because we are who we are, nothing can change that.

laurengerhard SILVER, South Windsor, Connecticut

"I am gone quite mad with the knowledge of accepting the overwhelming number of things I can never know, places I can never go, and people I can never be." -Sylvia Plath

This is a great haiku! Good job :)

LexusMarie PLATINUM, Las Cruces, New Mexico

The more control you have over yourself, the less control others have over you.

I love this, I love how such a simple little haiku gets such a huge point across! People need to read this and think about it because it's so true! When someone disagrees with another person that person normally automatically change what they said because they're afraid that person won't like them now.. which is crazy. You gotta be your own person and associate yourself with people who like you for that. c: Good job!