Different | Teen Ink

Different MAG

By ebj.2014 PLATINUM, St. John, Washington
ebj.2014 PLATINUM, St. John, Washington

i throw torn papers
and write again, hoping this
one will be different

SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

Beautifully put :D I can SO relate...

phlogiston ELITE, Hermitage, Tennessee

"A day without laughter is a day wasted" -Charlie Chaplin

Wow this is how I feel every time I try to write something. It just never seems good enough and then I just feel like I need to try again. Well you definitely got the feeling this time. Great job!

ebj.2014 PLATINUM, St. John, Washington
Thank you!! :) That totally made my day.

ebj.2014 PLATINUM, St. John, Washington
Thank you so much! :)

KatsK DIAMOND said...
KatsK DIAMOND, Saint Paul, Minnesota

Being inexhaustible, life and nature are a constant stimulus for a creative mind.
~Hans Hofmann
You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
~Ray Bradbury

You totally captured my feelings. Thanks for proving that poems don't need to be elaborate to be really good.

KelseyBear BRONZE, Cuba, New York

"Although it is generally known, I think it's time to announce that I was born at a very young age"

Great job. I really liked this.