A Singular Stroke | Teen Ink

A Singular Stroke

By LyReSa PLATINUM, Raleigh, North Carolina
LyReSa PLATINUM, Raleigh, North Carolina

“A man dies when he refuses to stand up for that which is right. A man dies when he refuses to stand up for justice. A man dies when he refuses to take a stand for that which is true.” — Dr Martin Luther King Jr

It    Begins

The music starts slow as a light color is introduced to the stage I call a canvas.

I pick up the speed as I watch more colors dance across my vision.

Soon enough a party is being thrown with the brightest and loudest color you could possibly view.

I show all emotions by putting more pressure on my brush as if saying “ More! More!”

My hand tires but my energy grows longer with each passing second.

I continue until my color starts to grow dull, as if getting tired and going to sleep.

But a splash of white across the floor wakes them up and makes them bright as the sun.

Soon the stage is full of colors and emotions that can not possibly be seen with a simple glance.

Alive with Emotion.

I put down my brush and then sign my signature as if practicing an autograph.

My stage is complete.

I close the curtains, but not for long my dear audience. The show has only just begun.

So this is when I started painting as an hobby. I love it still; and I have alot of paintings hung up in my house that I am proud of. From old to new because they still hold memories and progress. This just shows you how I feel when I paint. I enter a whole new world with song and dance. 

SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"It Will Be Good." (complicated semi-spiritual emotional story.)

"Upon his bench the pieces lay
As if an artwork on display
Of gears and hands
And wire-thin bands
That glisten in dim candle play." -Janice T., Clockwork[love that poem, dont know why, im not steampunk]

thats so cool!