For The Dreamers and the Miscreants. | Teen Ink

For The Dreamers and the Miscreants.

June 6, 2018
By mksosa GOLD, South Plainfield, New Jersey
mksosa GOLD, South Plainfield, New Jersey
19 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If you accept average now, you will end up creating an average life"
-Willard Schulte.


This is for the closeted theatre geek.

I know that you are just waiting for the day, you can shed the spindling fear that surrounds your conscious and finally, finally sing to the world that you are “through accepting limits because someone says there so” (that’s a Wicked reference for those of you that don’t know)


This is for the one in love with the stars.

I know that you spend all that time with your head in the clouds and eyes full of the shining reflections of the cosmos because one day you will be what you know you’ve always wanted to be since you were seven years old; an astronaut.


This is for the poet obsessed with all kinds of words except their own.

I know that you write all day and all night, just to keep your notebook closed, away from the eyes of everyone that you know because you do not know the gift the you possess when you take hold of a pen.


Do not make light of my words.

These are all for you.

Need not memorize them, but hold them in your mind

For you never know when you might need to remember your worth

That there is nothing stopping you.

You are a dreamer.


This is for those that doubt them.

I know that you cannot stand the idea that someone else could dream bigger than you ever possibly could.


This is for the deadbeat jock

I know that you really hoped that Division One scholarship worked out for you, but the dead weight of your compliance and inambition only dragged you down.

Maybe that is why you threw the poet’s notebook out the window, hoping to drown their words in the puddle outside on the sidewalk.


This is for the popular girls, that take it upon themselves to be Regina George reincarnated.

I know that under all that makeup and ego you have a soul, I’ve seen it, I’ve seen it quake at the sight of the astronaut, the poet, and the theater geek reaching towards their dreams.

Maybe that is why you took the theater geek’s glasses and shattered them on the linoleum floor, hoping that without them the theater geek would not see the spotlight they were meant to stand in.


This is for those that doubt them.

I know that you fear for your own failure, but that does not give you the right to keep others from flying, step off of their wings.


Do not make light of my words.

These are all for you.

Memorize them, feed your weakness with the truth of these words.

You are the only one that can save yourself

There is nothing stopping you.

For you, you miserable miscreant, can be a dreamer, too.


The author's comments:

A homage to Anis Mojgani.