Living Amongst Strangers | Teen Ink

Living Amongst Strangers

By Luckystar78 ELITE, London, Other
Luckystar78 ELITE, London, Other

"..though warm as summer it was fresh as spring." (Thomas Hardy) ("Far from the Madding crowd")

The hall doors move in shadows, in shapes;
Magnified, hinges, and their rusted pins, and silver cogs, metamorphose across the grey; tiled floor:
The ball room light hangs in abstract, spidery balloons, between an artwork of oil paintings;
and the dark dust balls wisp in and out of the golden pupils like portals; piercing the minute holes,
in symphonies of sound; and splintered dances roaring through the gap, and animals of sound closing the chapter of molecules; and dancing in frenzied stars of space.

Shadows; colossal and charcoaled in with lines, print ever-present into the angles of the room:                               Tiptoeing in their ballet shoes, pointed towards the sharp pain of the door: creep behind me;                                         And begin to whisper in my sewn-up, little ear; and slip into my blouses, consume my throat:

Sleep in my inner machineries and unclothe me, strip me in tiled streaks; as the thin shades of oil, pencil their solid wood in the little door: and line up in plastered hedges of fountain pens.                                                                         Yellow, crimson sunset looms in rainbow-coloured tinges, in the cracks in the walls: and lights my breaths with cooled fire; with tinted woe.

The doors falls open in a dramatic curtain of trapdoors, and optical illusions; and as I blink in the rich, bright light: the secret stalkers melt away, and I realise in the emptiness of my hollow stairway of insides; I am living Amongst Strangers:       And they abandon me to the barren darkness of loneliness; They digest my ruin.

This is an abstract, Modernist piece exploring darkness, the inner workings of human beings, isolation; emotion, and pain.