The Broken Glass House | Teen Ink

The Broken Glass House

May 14, 2016
By FallenAngel11283 PLATINUM, Cincinnati , Ohio
FallenAngel11283 PLATINUM, Cincinnati , Ohio
20 articles 1 photo 25 comments

The glass house sits there waiting to be shattered, the people inside are the ones who will shatter it with their words and actions. The people inside yell and everyone knows even though they try to hide it. The girl inside is scared her parents are going to get a divorce. She hides and tries to not listen to the fighting. She’s tired of having to keep going back there. The other lady inside hates her she has told the girl. It seems so hopeless but the girl still tries to make everything alright. But she needs help herself but she will never ask the people in the house for it. The glass house keeps shattering because of the mean words and the girl tries to rebuild it. She wants to get out of there and she can but she is still afraid of what lies ahead. The girl is afraid she will fail. Even when she leaves the broken glass house to spend time with the rest of the family she pushes them away she doesn’t want them to get hurt trying to pick up the shattered pieces of her life because she is hurt herself by trying to fix things. What is the girl supposed to do? She needs help can’t the people inside the house see that? Don’t they care? But in the end it doesn’t matter because it shatters slowly and then it breaks all at once and the girl can’t do anything anymore she can’t fix the house, she could never fix it. The house was already breaking she didn’t see that though.