Angels & Demons | Teen Ink

Angels & Demons

By KidsInTheDark GOLD, Easley, South Carolina
KidsInTheDark GOLD, Easley, South Carolina

t's better to burn than to fade away
It's better to leave than to be replaced
-Panic! At he Disco

Baby doll are you really okay?
It's 12:04 a.m. and you're sitting up thinking about past relationships that are dead and gone.
Is it bad you can't find it in your heart to hate those who have wronged you so terribly? Or is
it bad that even though you have your own problems you're worried about the man you saw walking
by in the park earlier who looked like he hadn't slept in weeks? Are you confused about your
priorities? No sweet girl you were raised to have a good heart and to see the world not as it is
but as it could be. You were raised surrounded by thoughts of angels who hid you from the devil,
and even when you have to face that devil you must remember that the angels have never left. Your
innocence however damaged it my be is always embedded deep into your heart. While your mother
loses her faith along with her health you must be the anchor to her sanity. While your father is
unable to keep his eyes open at night due to working 7 days a week you have to be the light that
his once luminous smile used to be able to provide. As your world is changing you must always
remember that you have dreams and you can achieve them. You have a name and you can make it known.
Baby doll I promise you'll be okay