Call Me Crazy | Teen Ink

Call Me Crazy

By Ray--yo PLATINUM, Kathmandu, Other
Ray--yo PLATINUM, Kathmandu, Other

God Makes No Mistakes. (Gaga?)
"I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right." -Liesel Meminger via Markus Zusac, "The Book Thief"

Call me crazy
but when the man
across the street

came jumping out his window

in a red cape with
underwear outside his pants
and looked at
everybody in the street
and said how he was
finally
free,
I smiled-
half in pity
half in envy.

Ray--yo PLATINUM, Kathmandu, Other

God Makes No Mistakes. (Gaga?)

Thanks, Hanban.

Ray--yo PLATINUM, Kathmandu, Other

God Makes No Mistakes. (Gaga?)

Yeah, this year has been really good to me. Thanks!

SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

I've been going through your stuff and So many editor's choices, you are on a roll boy! Congratulations! As for this poem, it is brilliant! Also I adore the structure. No suggestions at all here. Sorry :P

Ray--yo PLATINUM, Kathmandu, Other

God Makes No Mistakes. (Gaga?)

Thanks, a lot.

Hanban12 ELITE said...
Hanban12 ELITE, Lake Worth, Florida

"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put foundations under them."
Henry David Thoreau

"I fell in love the way you fall asleep; slowly, and then all at once."
John Green

I love how unique, how simple, and yet how complex this is. The touch of humor is always nice, and I really like the one-lined stanza. Keep it up, Ray! :)

StarGazer9 GOLD, Marana, Arizona

"Never let the odds keep you from doing what you know in your heart you were meant to do."

Oh my gosh I just love this! I could ramble on about the poetry and the word use or whatever else makes a poem literately wonderful, but here. All I have to say really is You're Awesome!

Ray--yo PLATINUM, Kathmandu, Other

God Makes No Mistakes. (Gaga?)

Thank you so very much @Yoela !

Yoela PLATINUM said...
Yoela PLATINUM, Seattle, Washington

"My powers stretch over the horizon and work even when my eyes are closed"

Your poetry is something else! You really capture the insanity of the moment, and the feeling of, I wish I were brave enough to be that free. Awesome writing!!

Ray--yo PLATINUM, Kathmandu, Other

God Makes No Mistakes. (Gaga?)

Haha, thank you very much!

Beila BRONZE said...
Beila BRONZE, Palo Alto, California

"The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco." -Mark Twain

*as a writer

Beila BRONZE said...
Beila BRONZE, Palo Alto, California

Wow!!! Call me crazy, but this is the best thing I have read on here all day! No half and half for me--as I writer, I am stewing in 100% envy right now!