a murdered angel | Teen Ink

a murdered angel

By EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia
EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

the light slips
and falls down
with a soft thud,
like there was never
a fall to begin with.

a blinding flash
falling and i see
a broken angel's
body with torn wings;
murdered.

her blood
glows and drip,
each ringing
with untold secrets
and mysteries.

she fell out of the sky
from the heavens,
never to be able to fly;
creating questions
in the alley below where she fell.

questions were asked,
but people weren't sure
if they would ever be answered
because like a falling, shattered star,
a murdered angel appeared.

she's 

a 

murdered

angel. 

I was inspired to write this when I saw on the front of my Kindle, a book called 'Guardians of the Night' by Allen Russell. 

A homeless man who was late-drinking, was interrupted by a light, a "being of light" in the alley below, and he ends up as a witness to what he believes is the murder of of the fallen angel. 

Now, one of the main characters in the book, Detective Michael Gideon and his German shphered partner must solve this case of murder with another murder in the story.

Reading this over again, I can rather connect to it because I what I almost did in my past when I was such young and stupid, little girl. 

But now, I've finally come to peace with the mistake I did, when I was less than 10 years old. Because I can't spend my life regretting and trying to survive, when I'm suppose to be living my life. 

I know this is rather strange, but I hope you enjoy it and I thank you for taking the time to read this if you are! Haha, it better be worth it because I let some honey on my laptop and get on my jogging pants and hand while I was thinking about this poem. XP XD

Haha, joshing. Cheerios for now, mates. :)

Aw, haha. Thank you so much for commenting and for such an encouraging and beautiful comment. :) I'm so glad you showed it to her and that she loved it, it's hard not to love it. :) And my favorite quote - it is one of my favorite quotes. On the day i saw your words, I was thinking deeply about something and what you said, stuck home and helped with what I was thinking. So, I thank you for sharing your words because the words you shared is a beautiful message and a message that I'm glad that I am sharing to everyone who visits my page. I feel blessed and honored to know you even if we may not know each other very well. You're welcome. :) And yes, haha - the poem, mhm? ;) Haha, thank you so much again for your beautiful comment and encouraging, my friend!

Beila BRONZE said...
Beila BRONZE, Palo Alto, California

"The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco." -Mark Twain

I love that you took such random inspiration and ran with it; the result is breathtaking and heartrending. I love that the light falls and the angel is murdered, and it's all beautiful and horrible at once. Can I share a secret? I'm only reading this because I have to tell you something totally unrelated. I recently discovered that I forgot to tell one of my super close friends about "In Memory," so I printed it out for her when she was over today. She loved it and asked if I got any comments, which made me think of you, and then when I revisited your page, I checked out your favorite quote and thought, "Hey, that ending sounds so strikingly familiar...." And this is the only place I have to tell you how deeply, truly honored and touched I am to see my words copied into the space where you got to pick a favorite quote. Besides the total flattery, I feel so blessed that you're sharing this message with everyone who looks at your profile. Thank you so, so, so much. But where were we? Oh, yes, the poem.... ;)

That's awesome, and I'm so glad that you enjoyed and love it. :) Thank you so much, @RealRiter, for the sweet comment and encouragement! :)

RealRiter GOLD said...
RealRiter GOLD, Astoria, Oregon

"I did not fail 101 times, but I simply found 101 ways that did not work." -Thomas Edison

I saw that you are a Christian. I am, too. I love your poem which is actually amazing sense I have always HATED non-rhyming poems. I love this one, though. Congrats, job well done!:)

Thank you, so much. Your comment made me happy. I'm so glad you love it and relate to it. This was a new style that I was trying, haha, and based on my past like most of poems are. :) Thank you, again! :)

JRaye PLATINUM said...
JRaye PLATINUM, Dorr, Michigan

"If you build your house far enough away from Trouble, then Trouble will never find you."

"Have you ever looked fear in the face and said, 'I just don't care.'?"

There's so much imagery with so much meaning behind these short stanza's, it's really beautiful and mysterious, SO mysterious... I can relate to this, as I'm sure SO many others can - loss of innocence, it's a really powerful, heartbreaking subject. This actually reminds me of "The A Team" by Ed Sheeran, a lot. Love this one! :)