Endings | Teen Ink

Endings

By happybeingme SILVER, Joinville, Other
happybeingme SILVER, Joinville, Other

"It is always too early to give up."

I hate books. I hate books with happy endings. I hate books with sad endings. I hate the feeling I get when I read a happy ending. I hate the feeling I get when I reach the end of a sad book. 

I hate ___ endings because:

1. Sad Endings
Life is already messed up and sad enough, why add to my sadness fictional characters from a fictional world that will never ever see my own sun? Characters that are absolutely perfect but are absolutely imperfect all at the same time. Characters I have absolutely no connection with except through my own imagination. I hate those. They make me cry. They remind me that life is full of suffering and no one can escape it.

2. Happy Endings
Life is full of suffering. There are no happily-ever-afters. Books with happy endings give an unrealistic look a life, preparing young generations for a world that never existed and never will exist, a world with happy endings. Teaching them life lessons for a world that doesn’t exist will make the adult generation in a few years unable to cope with the real world, thus leaving the world in a worst state than it already is, with the “wise elders” in a few decades a generation grasping for a life that would never exist, grasping and never reaching it, only in their imagination.

I love books. I love books with happy endings. I love books with sad endings. I love the feeling I get when I read a happy ending. I love the feeling I get when I reach the end of a sad book.

I love ____ endings because:

1. Sad Endings
Sad endings can give us new perspective, new ways to look at life and the situations it decides to bring up. It gives us a hope for better things. It gives us insight on so many situations we don’t know how to deal with. Where would we be without the help from a wise author?

2. Happy Endings
Happy ending give us hope for a better tomorrow and a better world tomorrow. We strive to make the better tomorrow come, though we know it never will, because we will never reach tomorrow. Because tomorrow will be today tomorrow. But still, it gives a ray of light and a ray of happiness in the messed up world we live in.

We all need our happy endings and our sad endings. They make us who we are.
We all need our happy endings and our sad endings. They teach us how to live.
We all need our happy endings and our sad endings. They teach us hope.

I had just finished reading "The Fault in Our Stars" by John Green when I wrote this. I was reflecting how the sad ending was dissapointing but realistic, and how happy endings might be unrealistic, but they were hopeful. 

happybeingme SILVER, Joinville, Other

"It is always too early to give up."

Read the rest. :)

MadlynHatter BRONZE, Paragould, Arkansas

When life bites, flip the bird and bite back.

it is true and i think that happy endings do give us a false hope for tomorrow but that doesent make me hate books, i love books

dastal127 BRONZE, Andrews, Texas

Unless someone like you cares a whole lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Dr. Seuss, the lorax
SHUT UP MEG---peter griffin

wow that is very true