A Different World | Teen Ink

A Different World

October 15, 2014
By Angel_Wing23 GOLD, Wolcottville, Indiana
Angel_Wing23 GOLD, Wolcottville, Indiana
10 articles 32 photos 34 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You know what "Normal" is? A setting on a washing machine. No one wants to be that." - Ashley Purdy from the band Black Veil Brides said that and I am going to keep using this quote.


People say that this is a different world. Let me just get something straight, and tell you this… THEIR RIGHT! For one when we were younger we knew that each time the street lights came on that’s when we knew it was time for us to go inside. Sometimes our parents even called out our name to let us know that it’s time for us to go inside or it’s time to eat. We always ran home to check in with our parents. We always respected our elders, our teachers, and sometimes our school rules. We always used the house phone to call our family and friends to see if they could stay the night, or just to talk.
Now a days there are kids that have cell phones and when they are playing their parents called them or texts them to tell them that it’s time for them to come inside or to eat. There are kids that text their parents to let them know that they are checking in. Kids use their cell phones to text or call their friends and family to see if they could stay the night or just to talk. Now a days it seems like that less and less kids are respecting their elders, teachers, and school rules.
Plus we have bottled water, we don’t have to get up and change the TV channel we have more than three channels to choose from, we ride bikes with no helmets and yet still here we are at least some of us that made it any ways, we have friends but we never went outside to play with them, we have a lot of video games, we have a lot of computers and they work really good, and every Sunday plus Saturday all the schools are closed.
Well, let me tell you something. When I was growing up I really didn’t go inside to get water, I drank from a garden hose, I sometimes got up to change the TV channels but only if I couldn’t find the remote, I ride my bike with no helmet and guess what I’m still here, I played with my friends outside, I really didn’t have any video games, I had a computer but it really didn’t work though but that’s what I thought, I always respected my elders, I respected my teachers, and my school rules well sometimes I do anyways, I never had a cell phone to call or text my parents to check in with them or text my friends and family to see if they could stay the night or just to talk, and still every Sunday and Saturday all the schools are closed, I used the street lights to let me know that it was time for me to go inside, my parents hollered outside for me sometimes to let me know that I had to come in or to eat.
It’s a whole nether world out there that is changing every day. Sometimes I wish or that other people wish that it would go back being the same! I or that some people wish that I or they could go back in time to live the good moments again, to be able to see some people that aren’t with Me or them any more, or be able to talk to that one person that I or that they didn’t have the guts to talk to. That one person that I or that they wanted to be with, but now it’s too late. But it’s a different world that we all live in now. That I or that other people sometimes wish that it was back to what it used to be.
 


The author's comments:

When I was growing up I realized that things are different then they were when i was like 6 or 7 maybe 8 years old. And now all I see is basically kids getting what they want disrespecting other people, and kids that are 8 years old with a cellphone, really people an 8 year old needs a cellphone. But any was I feel like that the world has changed since I was 6, 7 or 8 years old.