A Sketch of a Memory (October 1, 2014) | Teen Ink

A Sketch of a Memory (October 1, 2014)

October 1, 2014
By EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia
EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia
81 articles 5 photos 1486 comments

Favorite Quote:
To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.


I'm just
a sketch of a memory
on this
piece of paper;
tired tears
rolling down
on my face,
smudging
and erasing
my face.

 

Will you remember
my name,
as I fade away?
Would you cry,
if I die?
Would you
remember my face?

 

Watch,
as my frame
is stretched
and drawn
on this piece
of paper;
soon
I'll be just
a memory
to you. 


The author's comments:

I just recently started my own blog, and I was reading another blogger's post, a poem. As I was reading this poem or maybe it was after to a song, by Priscilla Ahn. Haha, I forgot the name of her song, I apologize. But, as I was either reading and listening to her song at the same time or just listening to her song, I thought of this and this is what I wrote. I hope you enjoy it. It's rather sad, I apologize. I guess, it was just the mood I was in or the way I my fingers wanted to type it in. Thank you, ya'll for taking the time for reading it. 


Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 14 comments.


on Jan. 2 2015 at 8:32 am
EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia
81 articles 5 photos 1486 comments

Favorite Quote:
To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

Hello, hello, haha. You didn't have to do that. I truly did enjoy your work. You have a lot of talent. :) I'm happy you enjoyed this one and you loved it. And also, haha. You are an artist. The way you use your words and also that you draw a lot, shows that you are true artist. :) Thank you for commenting and for looking at a couple of my writings. It means a lot. :)

on Jan. 1 2015 at 11:33 am
3wordstodescribeme GOLD, Albuquerque, New Mexico
12 articles 1 photo 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
"In the end, we all become stories." --Margaret Atwood

Hi. After you left some wonderful comments on my poems, I decided to come read some of yours! I love this one! It's lovely. I like to draw a lot, and I guess I'm an artist (?) and I love the idea that something can be preserved in art, whether it be a thought or idea or even an event or person. Your poem captures that real well.

on Dec. 22 2014 at 10:02 am
EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia
81 articles 5 photos 1486 comments

Favorite Quote:
To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

Actually, no. I just wrote this on the spur of the moment as I was feeling rather down that day, haha. Also, thank you. It means a lot. Thank you for commenting. :)

on Dec. 21 2014 at 8:58 pm
TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas
72 articles 0 photos 860 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there's a light shining somewhere nearby." - Unknown

Did you write this about the song "Prelude 12/21"? I recently did a contemporary dance to that song and it is super incredibly powerful. Interesting poem, but the way. I like the vagueness and the mystery enclosed in each stanza.

on Oct. 18 2014 at 9:17 am
EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia
81 articles 5 photos 1486 comments

Favorite Quote:
To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

Thank you so much, my friend. :) Your comments have made my day, and have encourgaed me. So, I thank you so much, again, my friend. :) 

Hanban12 ELITE said...
on Oct. 17 2014 at 11:15 pm
Hanban12 ELITE, Lake Worth, Florida
133 articles 7 photos 631 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put foundations under them."
Henry David Thoreau

"I fell in love the way you fall asleep; slowly, and then all at once."
John Green

I love the structure of this poem; it seems as if each set of words fall along the page, very much like what you describe as "tired tears/rolling down..." Elegantly written :) 

on Oct. 17 2014 at 10:02 am
EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia
81 articles 5 photos 1486 comments

Favorite Quote:
To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

I'm so, glad that you love it! :) I'm glad that you enjoyed it. And I'm also, glad that it's relatable too. Thank you so much, my friend! :) 

on Oct. 17 2014 at 8:10 am
WinterRose76 SILVER, Ok., Florida
6 articles 6 photos 183 comments

Favorite Quote:
Arise and be all that you dream - Flyleaf

I LOVE this poem! It's relatable, well-written, and very thought-provoking. Nice work! 5/5

on Oct. 12 2014 at 11:35 am
EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia
81 articles 5 photos 1486 comments

Favorite Quote:
To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

Thank you, so much, my friend!Your comments have helped me, so mcuh! I wihs I could explain or tell you how much, you have helped me. :) But being me, haha, I'm rather weird in explaining things. ;) I wrote this thinking of my friends and family, wondering if anyone or if they would remember me. I wasn't sure, when I wrote this, but now? Now I'm sure they'll remember if I leave, because they love me. But sometimes, I can't help but feel if someone would notice me or miss if I'm gone or if I leave. But, I know that people love me and that I have amazing and wonderfful friends, who are my family. So, I have ana amazing and fantastic family, that you're a paert of, Liv.Harris! :D Thank you again, so much. :) And I won't stop writing. ;)

on Oct. 11 2014 at 9:06 pm
Olivia-Atlet ELITE, Dardenne Prairie, Missouri
325 articles 10 photos 1165 comments

Favorite Quote:
"To these the past hath its phantoms,
More real than solid earth;
And to these death does not mean decay,
But only another birth"
- Isabella Banks

WOW! I can feel the energy and emotion you put into this. Sometimes we all feel like we'll be memories one day, just a sketch of a memory as you so poetically put it :) Never stop writng, dear, you have an amazing gift! CX

on Oct. 10 2014 at 9:45 am
EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia
81 articles 5 photos 1486 comments

Favorite Quote:
To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

Caramel, I'm so happy to hear from you. I was getting worried, to be honest.I'm sorry about that. :( I hope and pray that things will get better soon. And thank you. :) Hopefully, it might make it to the magazine. Though, I wasn't expecting that to be given a editor's choice. :) But thank you again. And I guess, you're welcome, haha. But I should be thanking you. Thank you for contacting me. :) I hope to hear from you soon. 

on Oct. 10 2014 at 9:32 am
EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia
81 articles 5 photos 1486 comments

Favorite Quote:
To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

Thank you, so much. :) It means a lot. And you're welcome, though I should be thanking you. Also, I didn't know you got published. :) Congrats! You deserve it. :) Again, thank you. 

on Oct. 9 2014 at 8:25 pm
megthepoet ELITE, Winnipeg, Manitoba
212 articles 23 photos 31 comments

Favorite Quote:
"We know what we are, but not what we may be" - Shakespeare

hey there, I just wanted to tell you that you are an incredible writer and you have a gift. This poem really speaks to me, thank you for sharing x

on Oct. 8 2014 at 12:43 pm
hey emily. i'm fine my parents are just upset with me right now. they don't agree with everything i do. what can i say... we're different people. I don't want you to worry though so i contacted you. congrats on your article that made it to the magazine (just saw it) this poem really depicts how i feel right now. thx for righting it. -C xoxo's