SELFISH | Teen Ink

SELFISH

By Xena_Zionne GOLD, Chicago, Illinois
Xena_Zionne GOLD, Chicago, Illinois

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” -Marilyn Monroe

I wish I could stop the wheels on this train called life.

Reset the tracks and begin again in stride.

I said I would never wish again, but I’ve been in  love countless of times.

All for my selfishness. But let be selfish for her. Go back in time even before I was born

And give her the life that she had so adorned. Give her what was taken.

If you can’t heal what is breaking.

But I can’t.

I love you but I just can’t.

I can’t change who I want to be for another person.

And neither should you.

if this applies to you please rate or leave a comment. Thx.

Creative-Writer BRONZE, Mesa, Arizona

We know what we are, but know not what we may be. -William Shakespeare

I know what you felt when you wrote this.  it is full of emomotion, and the work is a masterpiece.  tears filled my eyes, and sorrow rose in my bones.  I love your writing.  please don't stop.

EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

I might take awhile, because I'm trying to gte into 11th grade next year, so I'm really busy, haha. But I'm not going to break the promise I made with you. Breaking promises that I made; it feels I'm breaking something in me. I made a promise to you, because I thought I could keep it, and I'm going to. I will. : ) You're welcome, though I should be thanking you. Thank you! 

Xena_Zionne GOLD, Chicago, Illinois

Take your time. Sometimes promises are meant to be broken it's always the thought that counts. as always thanks for your support!! -Caramel Kisses

I promised that I would check out your work, and I'm going to try to keep that promise. This is amazing. It's full of emotion and you. It's just absolutely, amazing. All I can say, is wonderful job! Thank you for sharing this! You have such a talent, and you are a wonderful writer and person. I hope you know that! Thank you again!