Broken Images In Solid Frames | Teen Ink

Broken Images In Solid Frames

By KristenTaylor GOLD, Atmore, Alabama
KristenTaylor GOLD, Atmore, Alabama

We hang on a stem root of broken promises and disbelief. We hang on to the words that were never said and the words that were said to often.Sitting in the darkness curled in our hopes and dreams. Our arms stretched wide and our eyes opened big. We devote ourselves to remain a leader of the broken. But the realistic truth is we can't keep the fading smile upon our faces long enough to tell each other "it's okay". Because how are we suppose to convince others something we can't even convince ourselves? We swallow our pride like we swallow oxygen. Burning our throats we remain a story to be told and unfinished book to be written. We are warriors of a untitled battle. Fighting each day trying to do more than just survive but to live. We let our tears fly like the bullets to our wounded heart. Flapping in the wind with a broken wing we are a lost cause with a great meaning. We were born an inspiration to everyone but ourselves. We see flesh and bones with an empty souls and title that person beautiful because they slap makeup on themselves like beauty comes from a tiny cosmetic box. No one sees true beauty. No one sees how beautiful a heart is because everyone seems to focused on the complete opposite.We see our own shadows and carry ourselves in it. We lose the person we were to a person we wish we weren't.
We swallows our own words before we can even create a sound. We hide behind a hollow shells covered with newspaper strips painted to fit the for the eyes of society. We don't show sorrow we envy It .