My Precious Peach | Teen Ink

My Precious Peach

By WinterRose76 SILVER, Ok., Florida
WinterRose76 SILVER, Ok., Florida

Arise and be all that you dream - Flyleaf

I breathe your fragrance,
what a heavenly scent.

I touch your skin,
how velvety soft.

I admire your shape,
so perfectly plump.

I bite your flesh,
how savory sweet!

I lick my lips,
my you are delicious…

gboo12 SILVER said...
gboo12 SILVER, Bergen County, New Jersey
Pretty cool poem! I actually didn't look at the title before reading it and thought that it was about a (sexual) experience with a person, but the fact that it could go both ways is interesting within itself. Also love how it is very short and simple- leaves the reader thinking about what it could be (regardless of the title). Keep writing!

TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas

"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there's a light shining somewhere nearby." - Unknown

Hahaha yes! You finally understand what I was thinking at that precise moment when I first read it. Nonetheless, I think it's a charming poem.

Z.V.Oksana PLATINUM, Harrison, Arkansas

“Maybe you can afford to wait. Maybe for you there's a tomorrow. Maybe for you there's one thousand tomorrows, or three thousand, or ten, so much time you can bathe in it, roll around it, let it slide like coins through you fingers. So much time you can waste it.
But for some of us there's only today. And the truth is, you never really know.”
― Lauren Oliver, Before I Fall

Because of this comment, I reread the poem in another viewpoint as if she were talking about a human. "I bite your flesh, how savory sweet! I lick my lips. My you are delicious." Hahahaha. It goes from cute to creepy really fast if she was talking about a person.

TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas

I totally thought this was about a person when I read it at first. (I know I'm dumb b/c it says "peach" in the title, but I thought maybe it was a nickname. XD) Anyway, now that I know it's about fruit, it perfectly describes a peach. I love the short stanzas with insane vocab tucked into each one. That's incredible on its own. Then the way you strung them together? Very cool. The only thing I would suggest is deleting the "..." at the end. It gives off the vibe that your poem is incomplete. To create a more definite and confident ending, I would end with a straight-out period.

Love2Read72 PLATINUM, Kentfield, California

"Life isn’t about how to survive the storm, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.” — Taylor Swift

I like how this isn't generic poem written for a loved one, but for an actual peach. It makes me think that a lot of poets are kind of overthinking all of their poems.

nithyaswaminathan BRONZE, Pleasanton, California
wow! not many people write about things as simple as peaches, for they can be hard to express, but I think you described the peach perfectly. I love peaches. 

dinks PLATINUM said...
dinks PLATINUM, Hinsdale, Illinois

"and kisses are a better faith than freedom"

the subject itself, the peach, is very unique! not many people choose to write about it for  fruit can be a harder topic to write about, but you nailed it! Short, and sweet just like the peach!

HudaZav SILVER said...
HudaZav SILVER, Toronto, Other

"Nothing is impossible; the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" -Audrey Hepburn

Wow! unique and catchy rhymes. great job!

j.g.poems PLATINUM, Naples, Florida
this is so freaking awesome, cute, and unique! one of the coolest poems i have ever read

ImmortalRose GOLD, Arvada, Colorado

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding.
Khalil Gibran

This was kinda funny.  I loved it.

Hanban12 ELITE said...
Hanban12 ELITE, Lake Worth, Florida

"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put foundations under them."
Henry David Thoreau

"I fell in love the way you fall asleep; slowly, and then all at once."
John Green

A really unique poem-- Not a lot of people write about peaches or fruit. But you do so in such a way where it can mean more than one thing to the reader. Brilliant :)

JacobTheOrdinary PLATINUM, Rancho Cucamonga, California

"Fiction is the lie that tells the truth."

That's crazy good and i don't think you're just talking about a peach here. The way you make that metaphor though is great because it is exactly how a metaphor is suppose to be. That is one wonderful poem and I'll be sure to look out for more. (This is the part where i do self advertisement. Sorry. I just need to get out there.) As long as you keep on commenting on my poetry, I'll be sure to check out some of your new stuff. May your future endeavors be joyful. -JacobTheOrdinary